We always have WAY too much food. I can't help it though, there's always too much food at any Chlarson event, and I must be curse with the same gene to over plan. We set up the slip n slide, a pool, a sprinkler and filled some water balloons up. The kids loved it. The adults just get to sit around and visit. Although I don't feel I get much visiting in since I'm trying to keep the party going.
The birthday boys eating SOME food.
Starting the present opening. Thanks everyone for the gifts. The boys got way too much!! Is there any way to throw a party and say no gifts allowed? Being a parent I wish there was.
With all the holiday festivities I wasn't going to have time to make cakes. I was kinda sad...it's fun to make them. My mom took on the project last minute though. Thanks mom...they were great, even if Malcolm's cracked!
Those are some dirty birthday boys.
My Grandma Bette was in town for the weekend and left right before the party started. She left these presents for the boys. Thanks Grandma!! The boys love them. They are quite the hit. Every kid in the apartment complex love them too. Good thing the boys are willing to share.
We forgot candles for the cakes, so on their actual birthdays we celebrated with pancakes. The boys loved it. They also the love the special plate Grandma Hardy has. We sang happy birthday and Quinn was sad because he wanted to sing it too. So I let him sing to himself. Silly kid!
Quinn with the motorcycle Matt got him. We weren't going to get the boys anything, since we think they have way too much already, but Matt ended up with one toy for each of them. (I know mean parents huh!?)
Thanks Auntie Laura for the great present!
Malcolm on his actual big day. I can't believe my baby is five!! Time goes way to fast.
Thanks Auntie Laura, Uncle Mike and Rose. This was a huge hit. This is a Star Wars pop up book with all the ships and guys. The very last page has a huge Darth Vader on it, then you open up some flaps with some of the guys with light sabers that actually light up. Malcolm had to show this book off to everyone. He knows he has to be VERY careful with it and is very protective of it.
3 comments:
Looks like the party was great fun! We really are sad we missed it, we would have loved to come and see where you guys stay when you go home and meet all the family and friends and just celebrate their birthday! We will have to throw a belated party when we see you next! Miss you guys! (Do I say that every time? Well, we do!)
Looks like the boys had a blast!!! And what an awesome book! Oh yeah, and we always do the pancake "birthday cake" too. lol. Mostly because it gives us more chances to blow out candles and my husband is a pyro. :D
Looks like a fun party as usual. I love all the photos you took. Especially the one with them on their radio flyers. Both boys are really starting to look older. I've never done the pancake thing, but with birthday row just around the corner, I just might have to copy.
Post a Comment