Sunday, we of course went to church. It was great. The boys were very reverent and I was thinking how nice it was. We don't give them snacks or let them color before sacrament, and they really didn't ask. Then Quinn has finally started going to nursery without crying or really whining at all. Finally we've started enjoying our meetings again, only to have a newborn and go through it all over again!!
After dinner, I had what Matt calls a pregnancy craving, and decided to make "spudnuts". Melanie put an awesome recipe in our family cookbook. I only made half the recipe and it made over 2 dozen doughnuts. They were so good with the maple glaze frosting!!! Since we had way too many I decided to share some with some neighbors. I took some to the Campbell's and to the Anderson's. I hadn't talked with Erica for a week, so when she invited me in, I couldn't resist. I ended up being there way too long. I'm sure they were wondering if I was ever going to leave. I had a great time visiting with Erica. I don't see or hang out with her nearly enough, so it was so fun to visit with her, especially without any kids. Thanks Erica for the good time, and for taking some treats off my hands!
Today was a lazy day too. I went to bed way too late last night, and had to get up and go to my Dr appointment this morning. When I got home I napped for about an hour. Then we decided to head over to Moscow for a little outing. Before heading over there we went on campus and launched the boys' rocket again. They think it is so fun, and they stomped around the snow retrieving it. We then went to Walmart for somethings I need for the baby room. I couldn't find anything I needed! We decided to eat lunch at Applebee's. All our food was barely even warm, my soup was pretty much cold. I'm glad I said something and had them warm up my soup for me. They ended up giving our lunch to us for free. Good thing we didn't have to pay for a crappy lunch, I was feeling discouraged to have to pay for something we didn't like! We then hit the mall and walked around a bit. Then across town at a really small "mall" they have a really fun inside play area. It's like the play area in Spokane at the Northtown Mall, only smaller. We just recently discovered it and have been there once before. It's so fun for the boys, and they get their energy out. I think it's worth it, even if I have to drive a ways to get to it!! Since we had been out all day, Quinn fell asleep on our way, when Matt pulled him out of his seat he stayed asleep in Matt's arms. Our kids NEVER do that! We finally woke him up and he played his little heart out with Malcolm for about 2 hours. The picture above of Quinn is from his "nap" today. I can't resist pictures of my sleeping boys! These other pictures are Malcolm playing at the play area. His face is so funny in both. I was hoping to have some practice with my camera, but then my batteries died right after taking these. Go figure!!
9 comments:
This might be the longest comment ever....
Poor Quinn! I bet he was totally freaked out! I hate making the bunk beds, it is no easy task!
I had a few days like that before I had Reed. Milo would take the kids to your moms or to dinner. But instead of getting lots done in a quiet house, I wouldn't feel good and would end up taking a nap. Oh well, I guess that was needed too. Your house sounds amazing!
I can't believe you made spudnuts! They are my favorite! Now I'm having a craving...thank heavens it's not a pregnancy craving!
I'm glad you got a free lunch. Cold yucky food is not fun to pay for. I would love an indoor play land like that and so would the kids. We have nothing here!
One last thing....your ticker says 13 days!! I can't believe it. I'm so excited!
I just realized how many !!!! I used. I guess I really meant everything I was saying and was really excited saying it, :).
Sorry I haven't stopped by your blog for a while. I am so glad to be caught up now! I can't believe it is almost time for that little baby to come. I am excited for you! Poor little Quinn, being stuck in the sheets. At least you know he was warm!!
That is a sad story about Quinny...oh...but, dang funny too. Aren't kids funny? I love it. Thank you a MILLION times over for the spudnuts. Wow, it's amazing how you kind of read my mind. I've wanted to make them for so long. You saved me the trouble. More than anything--thanks for the visit. Just to let you know, we are bossom buddies. Oh yeah, you heard me right.
Shaila!!! Good one with the covers lol. That's funny. or.. i mean.. poor Quinn.
Shaila! I can't believe you are already 38 weeks along! You look great! Good luck with having 3 and the birth and all! We will be having 3 in August as well! Way exciting! I am glad Quinn is okay! :0)
had I known there would be doughnuts, we never would have left town this weekend! I love when you bake!
Girlie, I still get frustrated with learning photography/editing. I probably always will be. Because it is ALWAYS learning more and more. If you are interested, there is a great forum of 30-some odd women photographers ranging from beginners to pros that is very friendly and helpful. Let me know if you're interested and I'll send you a link. I know you are very busy (and will be wayyy more soon!), but that's okay. We're always glad to have more people! :Dx
Shaila!
You look great! I'm sorry, but Josh and I couldn't stop laughing about the bunk bed story. I know it wasn't funny to you at the time. At Quinn's expense we had a good laugh...I hope that's okay. It was kind of like a: "Oh...ha ha...oh." moment. Glad to see you guys are doing great. Oh, and I know you are already loving the Birth Place, but after you have your baby there, you'll want to have every kid there! Seriously...it is soooo nice. I know you'll love it!
Post a Comment