Sunday, January 27, 2008
Date Night with the Boys
On Friday night Malcolm's school had a "Male involvement game night". So Matt and Malcolm went and spent a couple hours playing games. They had door prizes and Malcolm got to help draw the names. He ended up picking his own and of course picked out a Lightening McQueen toy to bring home. Also each child was able to pick out a game to take home. Malcolm picked the Backyardigans Memory game. They had a really enjoyable time. Matt took the "little" camera to take some pictures.
Malcolm took all the pictures, except for the one above, and he did a really good job. Here's a picture he took of his friend, Georgey, with his dad, George.
While Malcolm and Matt were away, Quinn and I had the opportunity to have a night of our own. We started out making a cake. Then we ate dinner and cleaned up. We were also able to play some games of our own here. Quinn wanted to play Candyland Castle and Break the Ice. We had a fun time just the two of us. Here's Quinnie helping me mix the cake. For Christmas Cynthia made the cutest aprons for the boys, including one for the baby. They are too cute, don't you think!?!
Quinn was so excited to use the beaters, his hand was totally shaking. Yeah, I know, very unsafe to let him use it himself, but it was only for the picture.
He then thought he needed to stir it with the spatula before we put it in the pan to bake. He had a great time, can't you tell!?! He's stinking cute!
After the boys came home from game night we had some friends over. Since I had a cake and didn't need to eat it all by myself, I invited the Anderson's and Poteet's over to help us eat it. We had a fun time visiting, and we also played a little Guitar Hero. George stole my camera and captured the moment of is lovely wife Mandy playing.
Here's Erica and Shane's baby girl Lilly. She just turned a year in December and is such a cute, fun baby. I love to make her laugh, when she does she squints her eyes to the point you can't see them. I wanted to capture a picture of it, but this was the best I got from her.
Mandy and George's little Grayham is such a good, content little guy. He's gonna be 9 month here in a week or so, and he's bigger then Lilly. He's just starting to crawl, and it's so fun to watch him trying it all out. He's also a great subject for pictures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Looks and sounds like you guys had a great weekend! I want Josh to start taking Madi on dates...that looked fun. How cute are the pics of Quinn in that apron?! He looked like such a big helper!
Um, thanks for letting us come and join in on the hardy happenings. I might even get up the courage to try guitar heroes next time...don't quote me on that, but I'm feelin' it.
And the cake you made was simply refreshing. I need to remember that recipe.
Post a Comment