Monday, January 21, 2008

38 Weeks

38 Weeks...wow. I can't believe how close it is until he's going to be here. Matt says I've been nesting. I've been scrubbing the house down. Started with the organizing of the baby's room. Then I moved onto the kitchen where I pulled out the fridge, cleaned under the oven, wiped down walls, cupboards, organized the cupboard under the sink, organized the "laundry room" closet. Then I moved to the bathrooms and scrubbed both of them, cleaning the walls, organizing under the sinks. Of course this wasn't all in one day. A room a day was my goal. I want to continue on with the rest of the house, but I've been busying doing other things instead. I'm sure (or I'm hoping) I will finish later this week. And then the surface cleaning has to be done all over again. Ugh! Last Wednesday we went to the hospital's birthplace to get a tour and fill out paper work. Everybody raves about the birthplace here, and now I can see why. I wanted to go into labor on the spot...just so I could have a "vacation". That's how comfortable it made me feel. The rooms are huge. With a couch (with the bed that folds out for dad), table, chairs, glider, small fridge, microwave, TV and DVD player. Plus you stay in one room for the whole process. Moses Lake isn't like that. They bath the baby right in the room, have a warming bed. They also have the garbage and linens in a closet that the staff can access through the hallway so they don't have extra people coming into the room. Then the bathroom is huge, with a nice shower of course and a jacuzzi. Not only that, in the main hallway they have a big fridge stocked with all kinds of snacks, from sandwiches to cakes, that the patients can have at all times. Plus the meals you get to order from the cafe. Man, this was feeling like a 5 star resort. I wanted to go in early just to have a break before hand. So the next couple days after that I was very anxious to have the baby. I'm over that now, for the most part. I highly doubt that I'll go on my own, let alone early. I'm still not uncomfortable. I'm carrying smaller than I did with Quinn, I don't know about with Malcolm, too long ago to remember. I can still sleep at night, when I'm not up going to the bathroom that is. I know my body isn't ready yet, even though I have tons of contractions. They just don't get painful, or stay consistent for very long. I'm okay with it though. Although I'm sad to think that I'm just going to have to be induced, my babies just need some help out I think. Well I'm totally rambling. I just can't wait for my 5 star resort experience!!

4 comments:

melanie said...

I've been waiting for this post. I just fed Reed and had to see if you had done it yet.

The hospital sounds SO nice (you're right, nothing like ML!). Heidi delivers in one like that. They give you a 'dinner for two' to celebrate the birth and it's something nice like steak! I would want a vacation like that a couple days early too! I'm sure you'll take lots of pics, I want to see this 'resort'! Stay an extra day, it would be worth it.

You are looking good and I agree, little. Can't wait to meet the last of the newborn cousins. At least through pictures that is! Hang in there, I'm thinking about you lots. Love you!

Anonymous said...

oh I love that big preggers belly! I can't wait to hold your little one. And you look DANG GOOD pregnant Shaila--you put me to shame.

Unknown said...

Almost there. The center sounds great! Similar but nicer than the one we have near my house. Our insurance changed so we can't go there boo. I only went there with Kyle. It was so nice and I actually ended up sleeping on the couch with joey instead of in my bed. You are definitely nesting. I loved that stage because I was unstoppable. Get as much done as you can, as soon as that little one is born you won't care, and you won't have the energy.

Leisha said...

9 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!