Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fall Soccer Season

This soccer season has already come and gone. I'm always really excited for my kids to start, because I know they will love it, but I am so ready to be done by the end. I just get tired of having places to go! I love being home and chilling!

Milo and Matt were able to be coaches for the team. So Malcolm, Quinn and cousin Dane were all on the same team together. It made it fun for a little family time together at the games!

Practice started mid-September and they had there first game the last week of September. I got pictures only from the first practice. I only went to a couple of the practices, because Winston wasn't fun to hang out with the whole time. So here's my pictures from the season.

Quinn thinking the soccer ball makes for a very comfy chair. I love the wild hair my kids have at the end of the day!
My nephew Dane taking a rest, Milo and Matt were tough coaches, can you tell! They way Dane is sitting makes me hurt just looking at it. I don't know how it's possible to sit that way, but I'm sure his brother Nathan can do it as well.
Cute cousins! Malcolm must be getting tips from Dane.
Winston wanted to be right in on the action as well. That's why I couldn't go, he just wanted to hang with his brothers and Daddy.
He knew I was taking pictures of him, so he started charging me!
He's one cute boy, love his long hair, even though it was a mullet for a while. He pulled it off with his cute face!
Quinn decided to stop using the ball as a chair and instead thought he'd practice his skills. He's so cute to watch.
Malcolm the little soccer star, he has skills, most of the time!
Not here he doesn't. They all have to take their turn goofing off.
Ah, cute brothers hanging together, with their Daddy too.
So these next pictures are from their first game. They played at 6:30pm and it would be dark and VERY cold. My camera didn't like taking pictures in the dark, so here are my abstract action shots.

Quinn taking control of the ball.
He's actually running too. He would sometimes just walk, taking his merry old time. At one point when I told him to run and get the ball, while he was walking from the other end of the field. He picked his one knee up and moved his arms to one side to give him extra power at the start. He's so funny! Then he ran with his arms straight behind him, like he does when he says he's being a ninja.
Malcolm's only good picture before I gave up on the camera.
Mel just emailed this picture to me that she took of Malcolm, so I had to add it as well. This is from the very first game, the first and last game I put them in shorts still. Love the girl looking at him in the red, too cute! Thanks Mel for the picture!
I was able to take all the pictures for the team right before their first game. It was pretty tricky since their were games going all around and the sun was already setting, but I managed to get them.


Their team picture with the awesome coaches.
The funny picture! What a fun team they had!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Good job on the boys' soccer pictures! They turned out cute and I like how you put their name around the ball- creative.

melanie said...

Your soccer photos ROCK! Good job. It was fun watching the kids play together.