Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving, a shower and a birthday

Thanksgiving was a very busy weekend. We got there Wednesday afternoon. Cynthia and I spent the rest of the day cooking. Then that night we went and saw Twilight, which I really liked, for the most part!

I didn't really take any pictures on Thanksgiving day. Like the table, I usually do, but neglected it this year. Hmm...I need to be better at taking pictures during get togethers!! We had a great meal. We ate with Matt's family and Cynthia and I had fun in the kitchen together. We were having so much fun talking that after I thought I had finished the first batch of rolls and put them in a bowl to rise, I realized not only did I forget the yeast, but also the sugar and salt as well. I had several dumb moments all weekend! Dinner was great despite my efforts though. Matt made his famous potatoes, which I could eat by the spoonful.

Matt took charge at the table, trying to be funny since his dad wasn't sitting at the end. (Cynthia made name placement cards and let Malcolm and Quinn put them around the table. Matt and Jeff ended up at the head of the table.) Matt told Jeff to say what he was thankful, and it started going around the table. When it got to Quinn, he wasn't quite sure what we were saying so he said some weird stuff. So I asked him again what he was thankful for and he said, "Jesus!" We all "ahhed", it was so sweet! He was pretty excited to get such attention. By the time it got around to Malcolm, he had to say the same thing. They both love the attention!

For dessert, we went over to see my family. They are like 3 minutes away from Matt's parents, very convenient. There was tons of my family there, so that was nice. Shortly after being there, all us girls decided to go see Twilight again. So Mom, Grammie, Aunt LaVoy, Brianne, Holli, Kylie and I all went to see it again. It was Grammie's first time and Kylie's third time, but for the rest of us, it was our second! After the movies we reminisced around the kitchen table eating pie and laughing. It was fun laughing with family!!

So the few pictures I took on Thanksgiving. Mostly of Winston and Quinn who were playing upstairs. Notice there aren't any pictures of Malcolm. He confined himself to the basement with the guys, watching them play games and watch TV. He. can't. pull. himself. away!!
Winston loves the big boy toys more then his own! I love how he's digging both hands in to the basket!
Quinn was refusing a picture! He's so cute!
But he ended up giving in. I love that silly kid. He cracks me up!
Matt put Winston in a wreath on the piano and I just couldn't resist the picture. It was cute! He's just too adorable!
After dinner all the guys cleaned up while us girls sat and watched. It was great! Seeing all six guys in the kitchen at once is very gratifying for me! Ben's in that picture, he's just behind all the other guys!
Keep up the good work men!!
Friday was the only day of rest. I took some pictures for our friends Bethany and Jason. It was cold, dreary and a little misty. They are such a cute little family. Their daughter Iris is a doll, as you can see! I didn't get to take very many pictures, since I was worried about Iris, but when it warms up, I hope Bethany will let me take some more! I snapped this picture when we were inside just hanging out.

That night we also went to dinner and hung out with them. It was a lot of fun to go out without the kids. We had a lot of fun! Thanks guys!Saturday was Stephanie's bridal shower. It was at Cynthia's house and she did a wonderful luncheon. I did the games and was totally stressed out by it all. I was so hot and nervous the whole time from talking and standing up in front of everyone. I just can't barely stand doing that kinda stuff! It was a great bridal shower and we had lots of fun. Stephanie got some great gifts, I wish I could have some!
Matt's 31st birthday was also Saturday! I let him sleep in, then he hung out with his brothers during the bridal shower. I felt bad that his birthday was a little over shadowed, so I went out with a bang. I made him a Nothing Bundt Cake and dinner. We served one of his favorite, ham, sour cream potatoes and rolls. Hope you had a wonderful day Babe! I love you more every year!
After taking a week to write this post, I finally finished it! Now on to the next post in draft!

5 comments:

Matthew Hardy said...

If you enlarge the pic of Winston in the wreath you can see the bruise on his forehead he got from pulling down a metal folding chair on himself. He also got a bloody nose which we shamelessly documented for posterity sake. Just ask Shaila for the pic.

melanie said...

I love the feeling of getting a post out of draft form. Congrats! I have at least 4 waiting for me...

Fabulous photos!! Love every one in this post. Your boys are darling!!

Now I know what gifts you're talking about, ha ha! You're a champ to help out, it's not easy doing the games. My least favorite part to plan.

See you soon.

April said...

You take great pictures, I love the one of Winston in the wreath!
I've heard that Twilight is better the second time around, I might have to test that theory myself.

The Gang said...

He-he I saw you were reading and leaving comments for me when I was reading about you so I thought I would leave a comment to. Cute pics and Happy Birthday Matt you old fart!:)

Bethany said...

Ahhh...I love that pic of Iris. She loves that fist! You'll have to email me that one. Do you have my email? It's bethanybj@hotmail.com. It was so fun to see you guys. I clicked ont the recipe for matt's bday cake...that looks sooo yummy! I'm definitely going to have to make that one sometime.