Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

This is our Christmas letter from this year. This was the best picture I got of our family when I took them in November. Since Winston wasn't looking at the camera, and some of our family hadn't ever seen him, I added his picture at the end of the letter.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas! We certainly did, and I'll do a post later, after I go through the hundreds of pictures I took! Merry Christmas to all!
Life at the Hardy’s 2008
www.lifeatthehardys.blogspot.com


This year has gone by faster then ever with having a baby in the house, or maybe it’s because there are now three kids and less time to do anything but care for them. Here’s a quick run down of what our year has consisted of.

Matt- He graduated from WSU in May with his BS in Medical Science. He started working for one of his professors dissecting mosquito larva. He’s taken the MCAT’s and is now applying to medical school. We’re so proud of him and his achievements. He’s never studied and worked so hard for something, which goes to show this is really what he wants.

Shaila- Gave birth to our third child. Has been busy keeping up with four... oops I mean three kids. Is learning ALOT being surrounded by boys, main thing being patience. Has really expounded her knowledge of photography and photoshop and is still learning more. Is continuing the blogging.

Malcolm - Turned five this year. He stopped sucking his thumb and gave up his baby blanket. He had his first ER visit when he nearly cut off the tip of his finger with his daddy’s pocket knife. He was very brave and barely even cried. He got six stitches, but it’s healed up nicely.He graduated from his preschool and now stays home with mommy. We decided to hold him back for a year from kindergarten, so he’ll start next year. He loves being a big brother and is very helpful to mommy.

Quinn - Turned three this year. He started preschool, but we took him out after a few months. He was not wanting to go some days, so we thought maybe he just wasn’t quite ready. He loves his brothers and plays with them all the time. He is still the little stunt man but without any major injuries (besides the ER visit for base jumping out of a shopping cart head first).

Our newest addition - Winston Clark was born February 2nd. He weighted 7 lbs. 7 oz and was 20 inches long. He has been such a joy in our family for these last 10 months. He is a very happy and content boy. He is the best baby ever. He is now a very active baby following his brothers and mommy around the house all day. Oh what a joy and blessing he has been to our family!

We are so thankful for all our friends and loved ones and all the love and support we receive from you. What a wonderful time of year to celebrate the birth of our Savior. We are so thankful for the sacrifice He made for each and every one of us. We hope you have a wonderful year to come.

Merry Christmas from The Hardy’s

Matt, Shaila, Malcolm, Quinn and Winston

4 comments:

Campbells said...

Love the idea of the christmas letter as part of the blog! much easier! Hope you had a great holiday, miss you guys
love nik

Laura Lei said...

Very cute. Merry Christmas. I wish we were with you guys.

melanie said...

That is the picture I would have chosen for Winston too. It's adorable!

I'm going to post mine too. That is when I get out of the slump and do 5 posts!!

Malissa said...

I never made it over to that side due to all this WONDERFUL snow!