Every year my family has Christmas Eve dinner together. Generally we are all there, but this year Milo's family wasn't able to make it. Mom made prime rib, which I have to admit I didn't try. It didn't look or smell appetizing to me. I know I'm crazy, I hate it too! We had plenty of other things I filled up on though. It was all delicious!
I learned a new photography term here, so I had to try it with the Christmas tree lights. I love learning new things and of course, I love taking pictures to try it. Isn't digital great that we can see the results right away!?! Now wonder I didn't ever learn to use my film SLR!
This is my favorite ornament ever. It was given to me for my first Christmas from my Aunt Marlue. It has my name on it, and the bell has the year I was born. (Which we won't discuss anymore, since I'm now in denial that I'm getting older!) My mom still has it, and someday I will take it for my own tree. (Which I'm sure won't be anytime soon. I don't think my mom could part with it.)
La familia around the table for Christmas Eve dinner. Delicious! Since I forgot pictures for Thanksgiving, I had to make sure I got them this time.
The bigger kids sat at the bar so we wouldn't all have to squeeze at the table. I love Malcolm's face!
All the bro-in-laws together. I love Tom's look and the way he's holding his hands. Can you say Mary Kathrine Gallagher!?! Ha
Sweet little Emma. She's such a doll!
Santa made a surprise visit to the kids on Christmas Eve. They were so very excited. See Jayni jumping up and down? She's such a girl.
They each had their turn sitting on Santa's lap and getting a bag of goodies. Here's Malcolm.
When Santa first came, Winston started crying until Matt picked him up. He was okay with him for a minute on his lap, but then he started crying. None of my babies like this kinda thing.
Then Santa had Malcolm pull on his beard to make sure it was real. It was and the kids were convinced. Although Malcolm was a little concerned that he was too skinny. But Santa explained that Mrs. Claus put him on a diet. In fact he said don't leave out milk and cookies, leave out fruit and veggies instead.
This is a cute picture of Jayni hugging Santa. She was so excited. She even gave him a handful of baby carrots for the reindeer.
Tradition is we open jammies on Christmas Eve. Here's all our family in our new pj's. Pretty bad picture if I must say!
The kids Christmas morning. They woke up at a decent hour of 7am. We forgot to have Quinnie go potty for bed and he woke up and peed his pants a little, so he had to change out of his new jammies.
After posing for the picture, they all dog piled GraMimi.
Winston hung out with Poppy for most of the present opening. He still seemed a little bit out of it.
Malcolm opened his first present from his stocking, stood up and posed for me. He was so much better this year then last. He didn't keep asking for more gifts, and he was very thankful for each one.
Quinn on the other hand wasn't being necessarily rude, but he didn't know that he only got certain presents. He opened a present for both Nathan and Kathryn, the silly boy. Here he is with his new Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Starfighter ship. Now him and Malcolm each have their own Star Wars ship.
Santa brought Malcolm a Little Einstein computer. It was a big hit with all the kids of all ages.
Winston with his new toy.
Man, that is one cute face!
Playing with the new toys. Quinn is playing on the box of food storage my parents teased us with. They had each of us open a box of food storage and said there were several more boxes, but then they took came in with another present and said that wasn't really our present. We opened a Wii. They got one for each family, beside Milo's who already have one. It's been fun playing with everyone. I wish I would have gotten some pictures of us all playing it together!
After breakfast, we headed to Matt's parents for the second round. Here's the boys opening Mouse Trap from Auntie Laura, Uncle Mike and Rose. It was a hit, and we already played it. Man that can be one long game!
A shot of the Hardy happenings and the boys with their new bat cave. They are loving that thing as well.
Winston was napping when we left for Matt's parents, so we just left him at my mom's. When we went BACK over for Christmas dinner, he got to open his presents. He really likes his new Fisher Price Barnyard. It was what I was wanting to buy him, but not wanting to spend the money on.
I just can't resist these pictures of him when he's looking right at me. I love that little man.
This picture is for Mike, my brother-in-law. He made this landscape lamp for Merle and Cynthia. It's made of copper and is really pretty, I mean cool. Merle mounted it in a rock and it looks pretty sweet. Merle called me before we came up and told me he wanted me to take a picture of it at night with all the snow. He really liked how it looked. So I ventured out all bundled up with my camera and tripod to try and capture what he wanted.
It was a little foggy out and the backyard looked so pretty with all the snow. I had to try to capture that as well. You can only tell it's a little misty in the upper left hand corner.
We had a great Christmas and we hope you all did as well. Now if only we can get our Explorer fixed so we can get home sometime in the near future! More on that later.





5 comments:
Glad your guys Christmas was good and your post was as long as mine.:) I so know what you mean about the film SLR. I love mine but can't play around or tell what I did wrong cuz I don't know what pic is what. We don't even have a 1hour photo anymore except Ahmann's and I don't love their developing. I take most with my cheap digital for my blog and use my slr for the important stuff. Anyway, love the ornament pictures and maybe we'll see you guys!
Sheila, LOVE your photos!!! You are getting so good SO fast!! What a great post.
And the bokeh shots rock. I love that first one--I wouldn't have thought to get that angle. Just a tidbit of fun info--if the lights (or whatever is in the background) is in circles, you know that the photographer had their aperature wide open. The more sharp the edges (they turn into octagons), the more closed down their aperature was. The shape is actually the blades that open and close with the aperature to allow more or less light in. Kinda neat, huh?
I love your posts, they're right up my alley. :)
Too many things to comment on! Where to start??? I love all of your pictures. It looks like you guys are having a fabulous Christmas break! I don't like that end part about the breaking car and maybe not getting home soon!!! I need you! I'm so bored.
Great post Lou. I'm still working on Christmas. What a pain to have photos from 3 different cameras!
My favorite dinner consists of appetizers, sides and dessert. I can totally pass up prime rib so I must be weird too!
Matt and Grayson have matching hair cuts.
I love Jayni mid jump. That is just SO her. I love all the kids with Santa. Cute, cute.
Yes, seriously, could you get that FORD fixed so you can get your fannies home. We miss your munchkins footsteps on the floor above us. Plus, the finally cleared the parking lot, and if it snows again you may not be able to park for another 2 weeks.
Post a Comment