Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sledding In June

I humored the boys and took them out for a bit. It was really wet snow, so we only stayed out for 20-30 minutes. The pictures are a little underexposed...but I didn't have much time to play with the settings since I didn't want a wet camera!
They were really loving the sledding!
Malcolm kept trying to tip them over in the end. I even went down with them a few times. My pants were very wet in the end!
The cold boys, the picture is a bit blurry...but some cute boys! Notice how very wet there clothes are. We came in and had some hot chocolate, and the boys wanted to watch "Polar Express". A true winter day...in summer!
Luckily it has now stopped snowing and is now melting off. It's suppose to be up to 75^ by Friday...I guess we'll see!

10 comments:

Brianne said...

What a fun day! And how many can say that they went sledding in June? Well, unless you live in a year round cold climate.

Although I'm not a really hot weather fan, I am disappointed at the lousy weather. I feel like I'm in England!!

melanie said...

You are such a fun mom to actually take them sledding in June. I think I might have shed a few tears over it, ha! Who knew it would actually cover the grass. Mother Nature needs to QUIT her bad mood!!

Anonymous said...

Wow- snowing in June!? At lwast you made the most of it and did something fun! :)

Anna said...

These 2 posts are disgusting. Snow this time of year is not right! At least you made the best of it.

Anna said...

PS-Whatever happened to Global Warming?

Heidi said...

Crazy weather! The weather has been so annoying, but good for you for letting the kids enjoy thw snow while they can. Who knew sledding in June was even possible?!

Mandy said...

Looks like fun, sorry we missed it! Actually, I'm really not. I've been complaining about the rain here, but I guess I should be grateful! That's great that you guys took advantage of the snow though. Oh, and you are in trouble for not calling us to spend the morning with you guys in Spokane. We so would have come. We miss you!

The Kay Family said...

That is CRAZY!! I am glad it didn't bum you out too much and went out to play, while you could. I hope it warms up so that you can get out to a park every now and then this summer!

(p.s. I'm going to tag you soon!!)

Jennie Stanfield said...

That is INSANE!!!

Liz said...

That is just wrong. I hope I never have the option to take my kids sledding in June. Thankfully it didn't snow up here. You're a real trooper for taking them out in it.