The first one I did while I was holding and nursing Winston. (Must be easy!) I decided to try black and white and color. What do you all think? Would it look better in just black and white, or just color?
I also wanted to try just one picture. I think this looks cool, but would be better if the subject was centered down one row only. So what do you think?
Since I did one of the other two boys...why not do Quinn too. I wanted to see how it would look doing a close up of one picture. I think it's kinda cool, but should probably fill the frame more.
Just a quick fun thing. Plus, as you can read on the blog, Costco prints 12x12 pictures, so I can print them then frame them...fun huh!?! You all should try it too!
10 comments:
LOVE it Lou!! You did a great job, I really want to work on a whole photo like that. You really, really need to post your link on his blog because no one else has done the grid with just one photo (that I've seen). I'm so glad you did it. Did you make them 12 x 12 or just a 10 x 10 with a bigger border around? I am so addicted, it's a good thing I don't live by a Costco, I'd be printing a new one off weekly, ha!
I think I would like it if there was only a couple color ones and it wasn't in a pattern. But really I love it all. Especially the belly wrinkles!
Have you kept going back to look at your masterpiece? I love a fun new thing.
Wow. Those are awesome! I loved the ones with just one picture that you split up into different boxes. They are so amazing! :D
Fun! I love storyboards, but I've never thought of doing a full photo--I really like the one of Quinn, actually. You might want to check and see if Costco does mounting as well--basically they put the print onto a hard backing so that it doesn't need to be framed, you can just display it on a shelf or on a stand, like this: http://bp3.blogger.com/_bEcydJGZ2N4/R7sovc4dyII/AAAAAAAAAZY/y1XrehIMQmg/s1600-h/DSC_2072web.jpg
I'll bet it'd look great!
So cool. I'm going to have to try this out. I LOVE the photos.
I think it would be cool to make each square of the single pic as a 10x10 then you could have a mosaic type poster of your crazy son..
I have been dying to see someone try a one-photo grid. I love it--especially the close-up one. I also really like how you've used both color and black and white in the first one. Thanks for doing the challenge. I can't wait to see your work on the "Monthly Specials" to come.
I wanted to try a one-photo grid as well - I especially liked the last one! I liked the middle one quite a bit, too -- I actually liked the composition -- the only thing I think that would make it better would be to crop it a teensy bit over so that his eye makes it completely into one block. Nice work! (seriously impressive that you did it while nursing...)
Great Job Shaila! You girls impress me. I love the one of Quinn the most, not sure why but I do. Winston's wrinkles make me excited to hold my new baby!
you're awesome. my brother told me tonight that he's scared I will start going to you to take my kids' pictures. I told him that that would always be his job, but after seeing these....
I need to call you! I haven't talked to you in forever it seems :(
I actually really like the one of Winston and how you have a combination of color and black & white in a pattern. I think all of them are adorable.
Post a Comment