Sunday, June 1, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend with the Perkes

Brianne and Tom came down this last weekend (I'm finally posting about it!). We had a fun time having them here. We ate some good food and did some fun things. Saturday we started out the afternoon by getting some Cougar Country, a local burger joint we love!

I tried taking some pictures of the kids before going, but they thought the sun was too bright in their eyes.
I asked Jayni if I could take a picture of her, but she said her eyes hurt. She didn't even want to sit in the shade for one.
Mason was the only one that would cooperate with me!
After eating we went and saw the bears. WSU does bear research, so it's kinda fun to go see them sometimes. They really stink though! They had about 5-6 bears there this time. It's hard to get pictures of them since there are two fences to shoot through.
We tired getting a picture of the kids with the bears...
...but Quinn was scared to get close. He stayed far back the whole time. Loving the goggles on his head. He got them with his meal at Cougar Country and loves them!
Cute picture of Mason and Tom!
After the bears, Matt and the kids went back to the apartment for a nap, while Brianne, Winston and I went shopping in Moscow. Fun times, and some good Memorial Day sales! We then went and watched "Horton Hears a Who" for $1 per ticket. The kids loved it and were great. We then went across the street to see the water fountain and take a little stroll.

I captured this picture of Matt with the dark clouds. He's giving me the look of "Do you have to take more pictures of me?" It's just as hard to take a picture of him as it is the kids.
Malcolm getting a talking to by Matt after doing something wrong!
The guys with all the kids. All the brick buildings in the background is WSU. It's a beautiful campus!
Quinn wanted to push Winston, even if he couldn't see where he was going.
I tried taking some pictures of Brianne's family...this was the best I could get. I didn't have much success!
All the kids in the wagon together. I love Mason's blue eyes!
Behind this trail are these railroad tracks. Whenever we walk past them I want to take some pictures on them. Malcolm was my willing subject, although he's not great at the posing part.
Another cute picture of Mack!
This is actually a picture I took of Quinn a week or two ago. It's just so cute, I wanted to have it on my blog! It's also this first picture I have practiced with photoshop on.
Sunday after dinner we took the kids to feed some sheep, pigs and llamas at one of the local parks.
They have a couple of ponds too, but most of the ducks were gone.
On Monday we had lunch at our favorite restaurant, Sangria Grill, before Tom and Brianne had to leave. We then ended up convincing them to do a little more shopping at the little mall. Somehow Matt and Tom ended up doing this for the camera...funny guys!!
Thanks Tom and Brianne for the great weekend! We had a fun, tiring time with you. Come back and visit soon! Anyone else wanting a weekend with the Hardy's, you're more then welcome to visit too.

5 comments:

Campbells said...

Funny picture Matt!!! I really liket the picture of Quinn with the photo shop! That looks so good! I want to learn that now.

Anna said...

Im so surprised at how much there is to do for kids in Pullman. Looks like you had a fun sister weekend. There is nothing like a sister visiting!

melanie said...

Looks like you guys had a great weekend. But for sure things are harder with 5 kids under the age of 5! No wonder everyone was tired.

All 4 kids in the wagon is my favorite photo, so cute.

Matt and Tom, you guys look frighteningly comfortable in that photo. Who knew?

Brianne said...

We really had a good weekend with you guys...thanks for letting us come!!

As for the family photo you put up of us...PLEASE TAKE IT DOWN!! It's just a terrible overall picture, especially of me...I'm so chubby!!

Mandy said...

I love all the pictures, as always. Funny about Quinn loving his goggles. They look like the ones Georgey has that he has always loved. Something about orange goggles with him... and I LOVE the pictures you took of both Malcolm and Quinn. Soooooo Good!!!