Sunday, June 8, 2008

Last Weekend

So I thought I would finally post about last weekend. Matt's Mom and Grandpa were flying into Spokane from California and asked us if we wanted to meet up with them. We decided to go early and take the boys to Riverfront Square. So we picked up some food from Dicks and ate it at the park. The boys had fun riding the Carousel with me and seeing the other rides. They were sad we didn't let them ride those. They have a really big water fountain that you can run under and play in. Malcolm really wanted to play in it, but by that time we were needing to get to the airport. Sometime we would love to spend a day there taking the boys all around.

Some fine piece of art...the one on the right that is!!
The boys thought the radio flyer was a lot of fun. Who can resist a giant red wagon!!
This is Little Grandpa. He's always playing his ukulele and singing. I love to listen to him. He's great at it.
The boys loved seeing him. Malcolm kept talking about his Great Grandfather. We don't know why he started calling him that, we never told him that.

5 comments:

Laura Lei said...

I miss little grandpa's singing. I talked to him and Mom on Sunday, and he said he went to the park to sing on Saturday. I guess he had a little audience. I think he has an audience where ever he goes, people can't resist.

Shannon B said...

Spokane has some fun stuff to do. Last summer my kids spent a lot of time in that fountain you speak of! It's really nice when it is sooooo hot out!

Cute little GRAMPY!! I love the ukulele!

melanie said...

Fun! I really want to take the kids to Riverfront Park. So fun, I think I'll have drag my kids from that slide.

Love the ukulele playing. He is a cute little grandpa.

Anonymous said...

I love that huge wagon- that is so cool! And that is also so cool that Matt was able to get his language credits with his mission language. That is so impressive that 10 years after his mission, he has still retained the language so well, and without practicing! I'm definitely impressed.

Brianne said...

We'll meet up with you at Riverfront Park any time! I love that park. I remember frequenting it when we lived there!