Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving Break

I have a couple of things that I would like to post about...but I just haven't taken the time to write a post. It's busy when we go home.

Like always we went home for Thanksgiving. Matt gets a whole week off, so we went home for a week. We had Thanksgiving with my family this year. Matt's family went to Utah, but we were able to see them for a few days. We went to Tri-Cities with Cynthia and enjoyed doing some shopping with her.

Quinn loves Ben's cat. Matt always asks him if he wants to take it home and he'll chase it around trying to catch it. He's always picking it up and trying to hold him. He calls kitties "keke meow", it's so cute. I'll be sad when he stops calling them that.
I had Melanie take some family pictures of us for Christmas cards. It was very last minute and I even forgot to put anything on my lips. I ended up looking a little washed out. We actually got a couple pictures we could use, but most of them were this type of thing. Oh and I'm so glad I wore black and Malcolm is covering up my belly.
On Wednesday night we did a pre-Thanksgiving appetizers. Why get way to full all in one day!?! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. All us girls made something to contribute. Matt volunteered to make the potatoes. He makes the best too! He's a great cook!! Some times he gets a little carried away experimenting, so Pop had to pose for a picture to pretend he was telling him no extras. Funny, funny! Also Milo's the turkey carver.
Our Thanksgiving table. I took a few pictures of us all at the table, but there are just too many of us to fit in the picture.
Matt and Tom took over dish duty afterwards!! Notice even Tom took over wearing Mom's apron. How thoughtful of them!!
Milo was assigned to put on a movie for the kids and watch them. They were all very content!!
Apparently Mason had too much turkey. He's always climbing on the couch and relaxing...for about 2 seconds. Busy boy!
Mom taking time to play Uno with the kids. It's amazing how young they are and they get it!!
The day after Thanksgiving we decided to hit Wenatchee and do just a little shopping. Mostly Mom just wanted some flannel fabric at Joann's that was on sale for 99 cents/yard. She got tons for so cheap. The kids were all really good. We didn't do much, just spent some time together.
Jayni and Malcolm lounging together watching a movie. They had so much fun together, and got along great. They are so cute.
Some how they ended up switching places. How funny!
Saturday was a pretty lazy day. I just sat around watching "Lost". Then we all went to see "Enchanted" at the theatre. It was very cute. The kids for the most part all enjoyed it. When we came home we had chili and scones...yum!! Then Tom had an "Alumni" Big Bend basketball game, that we went and watched. I don't know how I got a picture with him actually looking at the camera.
Tom taking a moment to amuse his son. Our family didn't stay the whole time. It was a late game. I was sad to hear that we missed Tom dunking it. I would have loved to had a picture of that!!
We had a great week. Soon enough we'll be home for Christmas break. I can't believe how fast time flies. Matt's almost done with this semester!!

3 comments:

melanie said...

It makes me sad when they say the right word too. I love their made up kid words. Keke meow is so cute. And I love Paka! Quinn is so funny.

Great post of the holiday with all these photos. I'm so glad you can still blog with dial up.

Anna said...

I love the pics. My favorite one is Mason chilling on the couch. So cute. Glad you had fun and all got to spend time together! Now...I have to ask again, what is your babys name? I ask Melanie this question a million times a day.

Brianne said...

I love all the pictures! It was so much fun being together. Thanks for taking all the pictures. I was so mad that my camera wasn't in my purse and I missed out on all the pictures.