Malcolm the day of his real birthday. I made him a Lightening McQueen pancake. (Not easy to do!) Then I let him have the special plate of Cynthia's. I figured I could trust him with it.
That morning Cynthia gave them their second present to go along with the first. She got them each new jammies, Mack "Cars" and Quinn "Spiderman". They both loved them. They also got new bunk beds for their birthday. When we went home for my Dr's appt. we bought them and had them delivered. My awesome friend Erica went to my apartment when they came. Poor boys don't get to sleep on them until we get home!
Malcolm really wanted a batman cake and of course since it's not a movie right now, no stores had them. I was trying to take the easy way out, but instead Mom gave me lessons on the how to's of cake making and I made them both a cake! It was really a lot of fun...I just might do it again. Plus homemade cake is so much better then store bought!
Gramimi let the boy's decorate graham crackers while I did the cakes. How fun for them!!
Malcolm enjoyed putting it on, but didn't want to eat it.
Quinn just enjoyed eating the frosting.
Quinn's finished cake. He loved anything to do with balls. I decided to do a basketball cake since Gramimi and Poppy were getting him a basketball hoop.
Whenever he talks about basketballs he always says "ball, shoot, ball", so Mom wrote it on the side of his cake. That was the only decorating she did...but she did help with the initial frosting of it too.
Malcolm's batman cake. I was very pleased with the end results. That night Malcolm told me he didn't want to eat the cake...or anyone...we could only eat the white part, but not the words either. Funny kid, luckily he was fine the next day...good thing since we pretty much devoured both cakes!
The birthday boys taking a break from all the fun. We had lots of friends and a few family there. We set up 2 slip n slides, had a fun blow up pool, a fun sprinkler and other fun blow up toys. The kids played the whole time. We also had a BBQ with lot of good food. Thanks to everyone who brought something to share!!
Singing happy birthday! Quinn refused to blow out his candles. Silly boy. What a fun day! The kids love it, and us adults love it too...well at least I enjoy getting together with all our friends and family.
That morning Cynthia gave them their second present to go along with the first. She got them each new jammies, Mack "Cars" and Quinn "Spiderman". They both loved them. They also got new bunk beds for their birthday. When we went home for my Dr's appt. we bought them and had them delivered. My awesome friend Erica went to my apartment when they came. Poor boys don't get to sleep on them until we get home!
Malcolm really wanted a batman cake and of course since it's not a movie right now, no stores had them. I was trying to take the easy way out, but instead Mom gave me lessons on the how to's of cake making and I made them both a cake! It was really a lot of fun...I just might do it again. Plus homemade cake is so much better then store bought!
Gramimi let the boy's decorate graham crackers while I did the cakes. How fun for them!!
Malcolm enjoyed putting it on, but didn't want to eat it.
Quinn just enjoyed eating the frosting.
Quinn's finished cake. He loved anything to do with balls. I decided to do a basketball cake since Gramimi and Poppy were getting him a basketball hoop.
Whenever he talks about basketballs he always says "ball, shoot, ball", so Mom wrote it on the side of his cake. That was the only decorating she did...but she did help with the initial frosting of it too.
Malcolm's batman cake. I was very pleased with the end results. That night Malcolm told me he didn't want to eat the cake...or anyone...we could only eat the white part, but not the words either. Funny kid, luckily he was fine the next day...good thing since we pretty much devoured both cakes!
The birthday boys taking a break from all the fun. We had lots of friends and a few family there. We set up 2 slip n slides, had a fun blow up pool, a fun sprinkler and other fun blow up toys. The kids played the whole time. We also had a BBQ with lot of good food. Thanks to everyone who brought something to share!!
Singing happy birthday! Quinn refused to blow out his candles. Silly boy. What a fun day! The kids love it, and us adults love it too...well at least I enjoy getting together with all our friends and family.
No comments:
Post a Comment