Thursday, February 16, 2012

Boy #4: The Wild Child

It's a BOY aka Wild Child!

Today was the big ultrasound, and "boy" was I excited to see the sweet little thing I always feel moving inside me. I was so grateful that the appointment was on Matt's lunch break so he could be there with me. This morning Malcolm told me that he'd be happy if it was a boy, and he'd be REALLY happy if it was a girl. Both Malcolm and Quinn wanted a girl this time. Winston always said he wanted a boy, and when I'd ask him what we should name it, he'd say "Win", which is one of his nicknames. 

The baby was very active, I did eat a yogurt right prior to the appointment, and he did not stop moving the whole time, the tech had a hard time getting the measurements at times he would change positions so fast. Within just the first 10 mins or so, he said that baby had changed positions three times, flipping around so much. He called the baby a wild child and then also later said that he wins the most active baby of the month award. 

I thought I saw it was a boy as he was moving around (not that I said anything), I referred to him as a boy at one point and then telling the tech that it's out of habit. But later he confirmed that I was right on thinking it was a boy. I was not surprised, and I was so happy I didn't feel disappointed and didn't cry this time (as I did with Winston). Of course I'd love to have a little girl, but I'm not sure it'd ever be in the cards for us anyways. I'm just thankful that this baby boy seems to be growing right and seems healthy. 

The baby boy's heartbeat was at 157, which the tech said was nice and high, and definitely goes with how active he was. He also said he looked to be about 1 pound now. With all his measurements and everything, the baby boy measured 1.5-2 weeks bigger then the 20 weeks I'm at right now. I know I was very sure on my dates being correct, so maybe he's just a bigger baby, but I'm really hoping that my doctor will move my due date up, so we can have a June baby, instead of 3 birthdays within days of each other. My due date is July 2nd right now, and Quinn's birthday is the 7th, and then Malcolm's is the 8th. 

It was so fun to see how much Matt enjoyed seeing the baby and seeing what an active little wild child he is, we were just both grinning the whole time. I know it's harder for the dad to connect to the baby as soon as the mom, since we get to feel the baby moving and growing everyday.

 The cute profile of our newest little Hardy boy. It looks so cute and I can't to see his sweet face and kiss it. I feel so much more anxious to have him here with us now!
That is definitely a boy. With all the boys it has always been so obvious, and they've never been shy to share, he was just as willing to show us as the other boys.

Since Malcolm and Quinn were at school, we decided to get some balloons that they could see when they got off the bus, thinking they would know what it meant. I didn't think about it prior or tell them I was doing it, so they were confused by them at first too, wondering who's birthday or what party we were celebrating. Quinnie thought maybe they were for Valentine's day, or that it was almost his birthday. Then after a few hints, that it was for someone's someday birthday, and remembering it was the ultrasound today, they got it. Maybe if they had been baby blue balloons, it would have made more sense. I don't know, but they were out of baby blue and only had dark blue. 

I decided I'd try getting a picture of the boys with the balloons and being excited for the new baby boy. I miss taking pictures all the time, so it was a good thing, even though it's hard to get them to cooperate, and that it's inside with flash!
Handsome boys, and just think...one more to that bunch. I wonder if anyone will want to come visit us, or even hang out with us anymore!
 Love Quinn's stance here.
I wanted just one picture of them all smiling and looking at the camera. In this pic, Quinn and Mack looked good, but Winston had his finger in his mouth, so I just totally switch him out from another pic.
I just love that I can get a more perfect picture that way. You can see in the SOOC pic (straight out of camera) Winston with his finger in his mouth, then the after with a little edit, a cute smiling Winston! Amazing! 
I told them to show me their muscles like they are the stripling warriors, since I feel like I am raising an army of boys that will be future missionaries. So I sang "We'll Bring the World His Truth" as they posed with muscles several different times. I just hope I can be the mother I need to be to raise righteous young men! :)

6 comments:

Katie C. said...

Quite the gun show there at the end!

Kelley Gubler said...

congrats! you guys make such cute boys, it only seems fitting to keep
'em coming :)

Anonymous said...

So excited! I love your pictures. Can't wait to see your handsome little man.

Unknown said...

Shaila your boys are so cute, how lucky to add another adorable one. Congrats you cute prego mama!

Marion said...

I'm so excited for another Hardy boy to bless our family. You're job as a mother is never done trying to raise righteous boys. Free Agency....that's what's hard.

K+B said...

Congratulations!!! I love everything about this post :) especially the pics of your cute boys together!