I've been really bad at getting pictures taken the last few weeks. I didn't initially post a pic from 17 weeks, as I didn't like it because of camera settings and wanted to redo it, but that never happened, so I just posted it anyways. Then the next 2 weeks I got busy and never got one taken. So here we are at 20 weeks, with a picture I don't like, but I know if I don't post it, I won't take another one. We all hate pics of ourselves right!?!
20 weeks means it's time for the big ultrasound. I get it later this week on Thursday, Feb 16th. I'm anxious to see a healthy baby growing normally. I'm a little anxious to know that everything is growing fine and all is well and it makes me just a little nervous. I'm anxious to know the sex too, if it cooperates. I'm telling myself it will be another boy, as that is what I've expected having another baby, and knowing we are more then likely having all boys. But I can't help and hope for a little girl someday in my life. But we're having another baby knowing our family is not complete, and not because we want a little girl. So I am reminding myself, I just hope for a healthy baby regardless of what it is, and I will be happy just having another baby in our home.
Things have still been going well. I feel the baby a lot, and have been feeling it's hiccups for the last few weeks. I love that! The other day I tried having Matt feel it, but it's always harder for him to feel it outside my belly then me. I know right where it kicks and he doesn't. He had just missed a really good kick, and he teased me that I was crazy saying I could feel it with my hand. :)
At my last appointment, at 18 weeks, the babies heartbeat was 156. For a few days I didn't feel it, and it made me nervous, though I know it's early enough that I might not feel it all the time, I was still anxious and it is always reassuring to hear the heartbeat again. I keep stealing Matt's stethoscope trying to hear the heartbeat with it, but no luck yet. I'm not sure how for along I should be before hearing it with it, but it would be fun someday to find it with the stethoscope.
Last week I decided to start working out again. It's been too long and I'm terribly out of shape. But I feel so huge already, and knowing how great of shape I was in before Winston and throughout his pregnancy, I know this pregnancy will be very uncomfortable if I don't get/stay active. I started Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred, hoping that since it's only 20 mins, it would seem easier. Man was it a lot harder then it looked. I hope that was partly because I was 19 weeks pregnant and not just that out of shape. I hope to keep up with that, eventually maybe do my step aerobics again, and to walk on the nice days. These are my pregnancy goals. :)
My only few complaints so far about this pregnancy, I have two pelvic hernia's, that I had in Winston's pregnancy too, and they are so uncomfortable at times. It causes so much pressure and pain, and is worse when I'm on my feet too long. The other, is how huge I am. I seriously feel like I look 30 weeks instead of 20 weeks. But maybe I'm just self conscious too. I've always just poked out really fast as my babies have no where to hide in my short waist. So hopefully this isn't going to be my most uncomfortable pregnancy like I fear. I will gladly let that forever be my second pregnancy. Well I thought I would compare this weeks pic with the first picture I took of Winston's pregnancy, which I took at 24 weeks. I think I'm pretty much the same size, but I also think the shape of my stomach looks different this time. I wish I had taken pictures with all my pregnancies to compare. That would've been fun!

4 comments:
I think you look amazing! And I'm super impressed that you started Jillian Michaels shred. I'm on part 2 and it is killing me, you are hardcore!
Your belly shape IS different! How funny! I thought my shape was exactly the same with all 3 and that that was how it would always be, but maybe not...
I'm so excited for your 20-ultrasound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so excited for you! I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl! Love you!
I'm excited to your what you're having! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you get your little girl and if you don't that just gives me one more candidate when it comes time to arrange Paige's marriage :)
Post a Comment