Thursday, September 1, 2011

I Feel Crafty, Oh So Crafty!

Pinterest has totally inspired me in so many crafty DIY ways! (And I'm totally obsessed with the site.) If I had more money, I would be redoing and making so many fun things! :) I've totally been loving all the yarn wreaths I've seen and every time I've seen them I've thought they were so cute. I loved googling them and admiring different kinds and checking out tutorials on them. So I decided to make one! It was fun to make and pretty easy, though it did take some time. I'm not a really crafty person, so if I can do it, anyone can.
Trying to make it as cheap as possible, I made my own wreath out of an old swimming noodle we had. It worked pretty good, I just duct taped the ends together and it made a nice sized wreath, and it was only a dollar at the dollar tree when I bought it. I made rolled flowers, which is fun in itself. I bought some 97¢ fabric at Walmart nothing that was too cute, but you wouldn't notice once made into a flower. I also found the cute yellow polka dot ribbon marked down at Walmart. After making a bow with it, I decided to make a few flowers with it as well, and it worked great. Originally I had no plans to add the navy polka dot flowers, but it needed something more, and I LOVE them on it. I got that fabric (and a whole bunch of other vintage kinds) from Matt's grandma Hardy a few years ago.
So easy to make, so cheap to make, and so much fun. It totally got me out of my down mood too! I'm pretty proud of myself for actually doing a craft all on my own. Now my front door looks cute, and I'm ready to make more. I wonder if I could hang one on all my inside doors too.......:)

3 comments:

Marion said...

Glad to see you're putting your Pinterest efforts to work! Good job, Lou! Make sure you take it with you when you go swimming! ha ha!

Laura Lei said...

Glad I'm not the only person with a pinterest obsession. I love the wreath! It's too cute. I think I might copy it.

Mandy said...

Wow! It's SUPER cute! I'm jealous. I can see this must have taken some time, not sure I would have the patience. But I'm way impressed by you and once again attempted to really check out pinterest . . . can I afford the distraction???