Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Goodbyes Already

A few weeks ago, I already had to say goodbye to one of my great friends, Melissa. Her husband, Craig, was going to be starting rotations and not going to be home, so she decided to go home for the time he was going to be gone. It was so sad to say goodbye to her and her daughter Ruthie already, knowing I wouldn't see her and Ruthie again before we move. It just wasn't right really! We've never really taken any pictures of all the times we've hung out, so I decided to take my camera with me to snap a few pics of the kids, even though Malcolm was in school at the time. They aren't the best pictures, but at least some memories of our good friends. 
Winston and Quinn giving Ruthie a hug. Quinn sure loved Ruthie and would always hug her and talk to her.
Sweet Ruthie, Miss Blue Eyes! Love this sweet girl. I was able to watch her every so often when Melissa worked once a week. It was fun to have a little baby around that I could love on and hold for a day. I'm going to miss watching her grow.
 Cute Winston and Ruthie. I liked how they were both looking opposite ways. 
The three of them, Winston, Quinn and Ruthie. It's a pretty terrible picture, as I wasn't paying attention and it turned out really dark, but oh well. It's for the memories.
A not so great picture of any of us, but me with Ruthie and Melissa. Melissa is so sweet and such a great friend.
I will miss Melissa and her friendship. She was there for me when I needed someone and had no family around. She would watch all the boys and bring them treats and they just loved her. We love you Udall's and will miss you forever! I had to hold back tears saying goodbye, but have cried a few tears since thinking about how much I'm going to miss it here!
 Before Melissa left, she took time out of her busy life to make me a few things. She's always so sweet and thoughtful. Since we were never good at getting pictures of us all as we hung out, she gave me this photo album to fill up with all the fun people we meet along the way. She knows how I love zebra, so when she saw this she knew it had to be mine. She's so cute!
She started my book out with a picture I took of cute Ruthie and a note from her.
 She also made us a gigantic card, and filled it all with things we are going to miss. 
She also had several of our friends sign it for us. Thank you all so much! I'm going to miss everyone!

No comments: