I've just got to start off by saying, I hate all my Christmas pictures. I didn't get anything I just love and feel that really show what I enjoyed about Christmas. Didn't get any of our family we hung out with. Some of the pictures are so terrible in quality, I cringe. But I guess it's what I have to work with. Quite frankly, I didn't pull out my camera enough while home at all. I didn't get any pictures of the kids in the snow or having any fun with family.
Christmas is always tricky for us having two families miles within each other. We want to see both of them and everyone wants us with them as well. So holidays are always way too busy, and we never really feel like we just get to hang out and relax, as going to the next place is always hanging on our mind. We never want to hurt feelings, or not spend unequal time with others, but sometimes that's just how it ends up being. We always generally spend more time where we're staying, as it's most convenient I guess, but then we have guilt not being with our other family as well. We are so grateful that we get to be with both families for holidays, but it also takes away from good quality time spent with just one side at a time. We weren't actually going to go home for Christmas, until I found out I was pregnant and ALL my stuff was back in Moses. So I wanted to go home and get the stuff I needed for pregnancy and the few essentials of a newborn. When I miscarried, we had already had the plans to go home anyways, and I really did need the distraction anyway, but we kinda wished we could've just stayed home together.
We spent Christmas morning at my mom's and Brianne's family was there as well. It's fun for the kids to all be together on Christmas morning. The kids alway end up with way too many gifts, even though we don't get them much, but they love it.
Winston is super excited about his "Cars" notebook that he got in his stocking! Love his expression.Quinn and his R2D2 stocking stuffer.
Macy getting a Christmas snuggle from Pop!
Matthew with his bacon jelly beans from his stocking. I think Winston is "enjoying" the smell of them! They smelt sooo strong and smoky bacon smell. I had no desire to even try them. Notice Matt's penguin jammies. Pop has this penguin joke thing about Matt, and so when Mom saw these, she just thought Matt needed him.
Matt wondering what the heck he's going to want bacon lip balm for. Mom and I thought these were just hilarious, and had to get them for Matt and Pop! I love my hottie husband!
Winston got a iXL from Santa. He calls it his DS, as the boys have a DS and he always wants his own. Since I didn't photo document the big boys Santa gifts, they got remote control monster trucks.
Winston and his "Tron" motorcycle. I just love how he's showing it to me.
This picture is horrible, but I just loved Mack's face and had to post it. They were pretty excited to get the Toy Story 3 DS games from GraMimi and Poppy!
Quinn has been wanting Batman Lego for his DS since he got his DS, so he was super happy to finally have it!
Landon, my little bro, opening his emergency underwear stocking stuffer. Also something me and mom just couldn't stop laughing about. We thought they were a rather hilarious gift for him.
Landon also thoroughly enjoying his head massager from mom. I think these things really do feel like heaven, and as you can see, Landon agrees! You're a nerd Lando, though I love you sometimes!
Next, after some breakfast, getting a little fixed up, and seeing Leisha's family when they came, we headed over to the Hardy household for MORE presents and Christmas dinner. Yet, I only got 4 pictures worth sharing from there!
Quinn with his new fleece pullover from Grandma and Grandpa Hardy.
Winston is just really enjoying ripping into these gifts. I just loved this pictures of chaos from him.
He's also wearing his new Batman shirt we got him. He loves Batman, or as he says, na na na na da da, so when I saw this shirt, I knew he's die to have it. I also found it in a teeny baby size, so I got one for my new nephew Wyatt as well!
Malcolm opening his pullover like Quinn's. He's looking enthused in this picture. Don't mind his outrageous hair! He was in desperate need of a haircut. Pop rescued me from having to cut all the boys' hair, and took them to see barber Mike while we were there. I miss Pop keeping the boys hair cut for me. I hate doing it myself!
Thank you to all our family for a wonderful Christmas and for spoiling all of us like always. We appreciate all that you do for us and love you all!
It was great to be home with family for a while. It was way too busy while we were there, as Christmastime just has a lot of family stuff going on, and we tried to fit way too much in a short little time. Next time, maybe we'll take it easy and relax more. We didn't plan our time very wisely!















1 comment:
Looks like you guys had a fun Christmas! I love all the pics. We can't believe how big the boys are looking - it's been WAY too long since we've seen you guys! Miss you!
Post a Comment