Thursday, February 10, 2011

2010 Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve we had Christmas dinner with my family. I wasn't very good at pulling my camera out at family get togethers at all, so mostly I just get the pictures of the kids and their cuteness. 
My beautiful momma at our dinner. Brianne thought it would be a good idea to let mom take it easy, so us girls tried taking care of dinner as much as possible. Mother still had to be busy in the kitchen the whole time, but she didn't have to do the majority of the cooking. Brianne, Leisha and I all did different parts of it. We kept it simple with ham, funeral potatoes, yams, rolls, jello salad, and I really can't remember what else, as it's been too long since then. Leisha did make pumpkin pies and we had one coconut cream pie left over from Milo's birthday festivity.
My adorable niece Nora Ivy! I could keep her forever. She is so sweet and let me hold her, and actually seemed to like me!
Sweet Winston with his crazy hair before Poppy took him down to "barber Mike" for a haircut. Maybe I should have combed my kids hair for Christmas Eve dinner, but they had been wearing stocking caps while playing in the snow.
Niece Nora again. This was a beautiful picture of her and her beautiful mommy Leisha, but Leish had her eyes closed, so she didn't make the final cut! Haha! Eyes closed in pictures is in the genes. Leish, I had two pictures of this shot and both times they were closed!
Landon and Grayson enjoying a little Christmas pop up book. Isn't it just so cute!
Two cute cousins "sharing" a book.
Santa Claus makes a special stop each year at GraMimi's house. The kids are always so excited to see him. Grayson was apprehensive to sit on his lap, so Santa just high fived him and gave him a gift.
My cute niece Jayni! She's such a cute little girl, just like her momma was. She looks very much like a little Brianne.
Malcolm looks like he's contemplating what he wants for Christmas, or maybe he's trying to decide if he was naughty or nice.
My cute Quinnie! He was the first to hug Santa when he walked in the door.
My nephew Mason looking like he's not quite sure about Santa and a little shy.
Winston would not sit on Santa lap. He was crying when Matt tried. Santa is very understand of these almost 3 year olds and still gives them a gift.
Winston is oh so excited about the treats inside the gift from Santa.
My sweet Nephew Grayson decided to warm up to Santa and gave him a hug.
Santa wanted them to know that he was the real Santa so he lets him tug on the beard. It was so funny, Grayson yank REALLY hard with a fist full! You can see Jayni's hand in there and she's barely pulling a finger full.
Jayni giving Santa another hug before he heads off to deliver toys to the rest of the world. 

After Santa came, we opened our traditional Christmas Eve gift of new jammies. Not sure why I didn't capture this moment, but I neglected to do so, and neglected a family pic in our Christmas jammies. I'm so annoyed with myself. We then headed to spend a little time with Matt's parents before the little tikes went to bed in anticipation of Christmas day.  

1 comment:

JanaLee said...

Thanks for sharing Shaila!! You take wonderful photos...you have real talent! Wow, does my sis Mimi have some darling grandchildren!! She is greatly blessed! Hope you are loving Cal..sounds like you are. Love you!!