The other day, I was late getting ready, and in the middle of doing my hair, I thought I better throw some lunch in the oven so that Malcolm would have time to eat before school. When I got down to the kitchen, I found Winston had pulled the bar stool up to the counter above the oven, which is by the microwave and was going through the cupboard that had all the cereal, chips, candy and gum. I caught him right before he was able to enjoy a tasty piece of gum, which didn't make him happy. This is not unusual for Winston, I hate it, he is such a monkey and doesn't learn from getting in trouble, or from getting hurt.
After I got him down, I turned around and saw this.
Notice the butter that he mutilated and smeared everywhere, but especially notice the knife in the toaster. At the time I found it, the toaster was actually plugged in! It scared me and I was able to think long enough to unplug it, rather then just pull the butter knife out. I'm surprised he didn't electrocute himself! Good grief, this child! How grateful I am that nothing happened to him. I'm not sure if he is like a cat with 9 lives, but I think he's about hit his limit.
Then just a while later, while I was one the phone with my mother-in-law, I heard him get mad. When I asked what was wrong, Quinn told me Winston was mad at him, because Winston was trying to open a bag of M&M's with big scissors and Quinn took them away.
Seriously this child, and this was all before 11am. I was nervous for what the rest of the day would bring, but thankful, we survived it and nothing else happened. This child will be the death of me, but I guess that's better then being the death of him. I love that crazy Winston! It's a good thing he's so adorable.

2 comments:
wow... never mind about my offer to watch him... I take it back... ;) LOL
The butter is so funny. I swear he's getting it all out now and he'll be the best older kid and wont give you fits at all. Could happen!
Post a Comment