Saturday, May 22, 2010

Girls Night Out Surprise

The weekend after Time Out for Women, Matt let me go on yet another girls' night out. (Isn't he just the best husband in the world? He is!) A few weeks before that my friend Korbi wanted to surprise my sil Melanie and take her out. Milo and Mel moved down to the "Cities" last December, and had to leave all their good friends behind. So Korbi was so sweet and wanted to get some of us together to take Mel out. Korbi texted Milo for weeks getting it all planned out. Melanie and Kathryn had a mother/daughter activity at church, so we got to the house and waited to surprise her. Milo and the boys had to entertain for quite a while, since Mel stalling to come home, stayed after the activity to talk for a while! Ha!

We surprise her and drug her out on the town. And on the town to us means, going to Red Robin! Actually one of my favorite places to eat. I can not get enough of their garlic parmesan french fries. YUMMY! We talked laughed, teased our waiter and stayed out way too late. We got Mel home before midnight, but then we had to drive all the way back to Moses Lake. It was so fun though! We better do it again!

Before we left, we had to take a few pictures of us with the bird. Not sure if he has a name, but we're friends with him now. Mel, Kortni and I in the front, Jade and Korbi in the back!
The girl was quite surprised by my cameras continuous shooting mode and had a hay day with it. So I was just cracking up at her. I love Korbi kissing our new friend (sorry Stephen, I tried to control her!).
Here's the cute girl that planned it all! She loved me sitting across the table taking pictures of her, and I thought this was a perfect one!

4 comments:

melanie said...

What the heck??!! I'm the scariest one in that 'posing' one. Yikes! It was so much fun. Miss you guys all like crazy. Such a good time living it up at RR, ha. Love you!

Leisha said...

Fun! That's so awesome that you guys did that for Mel. The birds name is Red Robin!!!

Leisha said...

But he goes by Red. I forgot to add that. Love you Lou!

Korbi said...

Hey, uh, scary.... Gee thanks :) LOL Email me some pics k? :)