Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hiking at Klemgard Park

I was called to help out with Achievement Days a couple of months ago. I went to one the beginning of May, then I skipped the next two. The second one in May, I had a doctors appointment out of town and then the first one this month, I just plain forgot about it! Oops. Well we had our last one for the summer last Friday. We went out to Klemgard Park, went on a hike and then had a picnic lunch we all packed. I had to take all three boys, but luckily they were easy to handle since I didn't have to contain them outdoors. I was a little nervous on the hike that Quinn would get too tired and want me to hold him. I had to carry Winston the whole time, along with my camera and camera bag. I only ended up with about 20 pictures because of doing it all one handed, and not being able to do both.

Malcolm and Quinn were "buddies" for the hike. Malcolm of course found a walking stick first thing.
We had to cross two bridges like this. I was a little nervous, since I couldn't help the boys do it.
At the top we stopped for a spiritual thought. Winston was grateful for the break from mom's arms. I love how Malcolm and him are holding hands. Winston loves his brothers so much and really tries to be like them.
Malcolm found this leaf and thought it was so cool. I just happened to be taking his pictures and he was trying to show it to me. What an awesome picture for not being planned!
After the hike the boys were so excited to eat our lunch I packed. There's a great playground there as well, but they were only able to play for about 10 minutes, since the hike took longer then planned.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh so much fun! i love to see the beautiful pics you always take you guys are great!

melanie said...

My dream calling in activity day... twice a month and summer off. Nice! Looks like a great little hike. LOVE the photo with Malcolm!