To start our Halloween festivities, we headed back to the "Parents" the afternoon of my birthday. We got there around 5:30 and got the boys all dressed up for the Stake Halloween carnival. We went to the stake center with Mom, Holli and Grayson, then Matt's parents met us there as well. Right after meeting up with Matt's parents, Matt surprised me and whisked me off to a kid-less birthday dinner. He actually made secret plans and didn't tell me. I was proud of him. Mom had the black hair spray stuff and I was trying to convince the boys to use it, so I sprayed a few striped in my hair. Since Matt surprised me with an outing, I went to dinner that way. Here's a picture of the boys all dressed up for the party.

Meet
Hagatha. Hagatha hosted a Witch Party this year. She invited some witch friends and then we all went out for a Halloween lunch. It was quite bewitching!

Here are some of the witch daugthers.

Eating a delightful lunch all together. What a pleasure to be in the company of so many dazzling witches!

My beautiful Aunt Matilda...what a glorious witch. The most booing witch of all, Grammie Boo.

All the pretty witches. I didn't realize it at the time, but the whole back row is family. Just for the record. Front row (L-R) Telsie, Elaine, Sharon, Pat, the good witch Susan. Back row (L-R)
Melanie,
Holli (up high), Louser (that's me),
Brianne,
Mother, Auntie LaVoy, Grammie Boo.

Hagatha with all her witch daughters. What a cute group of witches.

Our family Halloween picture. This is the first year Matt and I have dressed up with the boys. The first year I've dressed up since I was like 12 or 13!! I'm sure the same for Matt. (Oh wait there was the time Matt dressed up with his guy friends while we were dating. I ended up running into him while I was out with my girlfriends, I wasn't sure I wanted to claim him. That a whole other story though!) Here Matt was going for crazy scientist, but we didn't take any time to do any makeup. Malcolm and Quinn are little vampires and Winston is a giraffe. We didn't buy one thing for the costumes...that's the great thing! The older boys wore church clothes with their batman cape and knight cape. Winston's costumes has been worn by all three boys. Although the older boys were almost 4 months when they wore it, and Winston is almost 9 months. It barely fit him...but it worked, good thing he's a little guy.

The boys seemed to run from house to house. Quinn running from a house after getting his goods. I've found that I don't like all the Halloween pictures taken while trick or treating. It's just too dark for them to look good. From now on, I'm only taking the pictures before or after.

It just ended up that all the grandkids were able to go trick or treating together. The only one missing is Emma, we always miss those Adams'!! After the trick or treating was over, they were still willing to get a picture together. L-R Mason-the train conductor, Nathan-Seahawks football player, Jayni-fairy, Kathryn-Witch, Quinn-Vampire, Malcolm-Vampire, Dane-Pirate, Babies L-R Reed- Spider, Winston-Giraffe, Grayson-Dalmatian. What a cute group of cousins!

We had to get the little ones together for a picture. Grayson is too busy and always on the go. It was quite the challenge to get this picture.

Milo showing off his football buffness with the babies. What a stud!!
8 comments:
I hadn't dressed up in forever either. It wasn't near as bad as I made it out to be beforehand. As usual. The kids loved it so I might have to make a habit of it.
Cute family photo. And I LOVE the one of Quinn running down the hill, it's so cute.
The cousin photo would be perfect if a certain ladybug were among all the cute kids.
I'm posting half of these photos too. THANKS for taking them!!
Fun fun fun! It looks like you guys had a blast! I love the pictures of the witch party! You guys make pretty good witches, I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I'll just say a good thing. Malcolm and Quinn look like Harry Potter and Edward Cullen put together! I love it!
Love all the pics Shaila! You witches look pretty awesome, but nothing is cuter than the pic of the 3 babies. We have good looking kids in this family, must be the genetics!
PS-Yes I did enjoy my short little getaway yesterday. I swear it makes you like your kids so much more!
Ha ha, I love Leisha's comment. Edward and Harry... I'm cracking up. They were the cutest vampires, that's all I know.
Love the witch lunch idea. How fun is that! Dressing up can be so great. All those costumes are so cute. Love it!
It was fun to all be together. Wish Leisha and fam could have been though. I think the kids enjoyed trick or treating with their cousins. I love the grandkids picture. It's so cute! Hated the picture of me growling?. Thanks...I really appreciate you posting it! Can you email me the pictures you took of my fam? Also, when can you take some family pictures of us for Christmas cards?
How fun to have all of the grandkids together to trick or treat. Looks like you guys had a great time.
Post a Comment