So my birthday was three weeks ago, it seems retarded to write about it now, but I just had to share. I got nearly all my presents early. Starting with this...
I was so excited. I like it quite a bit, but it takes a very steady hand (or tripod). It was really nice to get shots of Malcolm at soccer games. (Which I realized I never did a post on. Maybe I will still do it!) I hated taking pictures with my kit lens and not really being able to zoom in to tell what the picture was suppose to be of, since it was so busy with too much content in it. (Does that make sense?)My next early present was this...
Cynthia bought me these awesome Pampered Chef cookware. I LOVE them. They are high quality and I so much better to cook with. They have silicon handles, so they don't get too hot. Our whole marriage I've had hand me down pots. Some from college that my best friend Kristy's (my roomie) old roommate had left behind. Then my sister-in-law Melanie's old set. Thank you Cynthia (and Merle) you are always so great to me. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful in-laws who love me as their own! I love you!Another early birthday present was from my awesome sister-in-law Melanie. She gave me a cookie scoop, since I'm always making cookie dough rolling it into balls and freezing it. She's ALWAYS so thoughtful! I wish I was half as good as her. The boys and I made some pumpkin cookies ('tis the season) so I tested it out on them. It was awesome and made some beautifully, perfect cookies! Thanks Mel! I love you and you are truly my sister!
The ONLY gift I got on my actual birthday was a cute scarf from my BFF Mandy. It is so dang cute, I can't wait to wear it. (But I don't want winter to come!) You are a wonderful friend Mandy. Have fun at Twilight's midnight showing tonight. I'll be nice and comfy sleeping in my bed. (I opted not to go and wait until next week when I go home.)Oh and I guess I did get another gift on my birthday when Matt took me to dinner kidless. It was very enjoyable. Besides the fact that I worried my baby was hungery. Since I didn't know we were going, I hadn't had a chance to feed Winston.
My mom thought my birthday was over shadowed by Halloween festivities, so she thought we needed to celebrate again on Saturday. So we went to dinner, then were too full for cake, so they all sang to me and had cake on Sunday. I guess it was more of a birthday celebration weekend.(Little does she remember that my birthday has always been the day before Halloween. I'm used to it and I don't care! haha) I told her I only wanted money so I could buy myself this...
It came a week ago and I love it. Although I still suck at focusing, and it doesn't help when I'm shooting wide open. But regardless, I love it. Thanks Mom, I was so excited with anticipation! I know you didn't think money was an exciting gift, but I was ecstatic to get it! I love you mommy!I also got the book "Grace" by Richard Paul Evens from my Grammie. I can't wait to read it, after I finish the book I'm reading now.
I'm also way excited to get the computer my brother-in-laws Jeff, Ryan and Ben are finishing building for me. Aren't they awesome!?! They are smart and all so thoughtful.
So we haven't been up to anything special. We did have the Poteet's over a couple of weekends ago for some pizza and game night. I wanted the Anderson's to come over too, but apparently they were too busy going home!! We played Settlers of Catan, which we haven't played in over a year, and I forgot how much I love it. Now I'm wanted to play some more. Any family up to it when we come home? I can't hear you! Someone? Anyone?
Here's some pictures I took with my new lens that I'm in love with. I did photoshop them a little too, because I like to play with photoshop.
Winston has been sleeping really bad this week. His naps have only been about an hour long, when they are usually 2 hours. Besides his afternoon nap today which he slept for nearly 3 hours. When he went in for his 9 month check up the doctor said his left ear was a little red. He said he would have perscribed him with something if he had been complaining about it. But like all my other babies, they never complain. So since his sleeping has been off, and the last few days he's been a little whiny (he's never whiny) I decided to take him to the doctor. Matt took him in after work (a little Daddy-Winston time) and sure enough he has an ear infection. It's his first one, he got some antibiotics and I'm sure he'll be back to my sleeping boy in a few days. Oh, he is such a doll!
I didn't realize this picture looked so yellow. I love that smile.
Quinn was so funny right before this picture. I had made some pumpkin bars to take visiting teaching and he wanted some. So I told him if he let me take his picture he could have one. He then looked at me, made a slirping noise and licked his lips. I couldn't help but laugh at his cuteness. I'm not sure why he's biting his lip. I love this kid.
Malcolm got the same deal. (Oh and he told me he wants pumpkin bars as his birthday cake.) Of course, every picture I ever take of him, he has to be a cheeseball. He's always flashing hand signs, making weird faces, trying to smile, bus instead giving his fake Bushman smile. But the best was him totally picking his nose. I wanted to post a picture, but Matt thought it would embarrass him. I think if he picks his nose, he obviously doesn't care! I'll refrain though. I thought this picture was hilarious of the two of them. The picture before this, Malcolm was flashing the peace sign, so I guess Quinn thought he should do the same!
Matt took this picture of Winston. It was right after Matt was setting the white balance and Winston took a nose dive reaching for a toy. I grabbed the camera, while Matt grabbed the Win. Not that I wouldn't sacrifice my camera for my child, Matt was just right there! He's cute when he cries! Okay, he's cute all the time!
Last Saturday was a pretty nice day. We could go out with jackets off for a while and not freeze. So I wanted to try a family picture. That requres me putting the camera on the tripod. Convince the family to stay put while I put the camera on timer and run back and forth several times. I don't get a very good picture of myself when I only have seconds to get in position. (Hence the bad shot of me at the top of the blog!) There might be one good picture in the bunch. I sure do want a wirelss remote. Maybe when I'm done nursing I'll start giving plasma again! Haha, a girls gotta do something to get what she wants!So I took some pictures of the boys. Mack didn't last long up there. He ran his hand up and down the wire and got poked. He freaks out when he gets cut in anyway and is so afraid of blood. It didn't bleed, but he was sure he needed a bandaid. I'm not sure why he was making a pouting face, but it sure is cute!
I proceeded to take pictures of just Quinn after Malcolm's mishap. He doesn't stand still and he started smaking his bum saying "You can't get me!" I'm not sure why he did that, because I wasn't trying to get him, but I couldn't help but laugh and take the picture.
After sitting in the car cuddle with daddy for a few minutes, Mack let me have another go with him. I hate that he looks so grown up! Where did my baby Mack go!?! Oh I love this kid!
Oh and I almost forgot. Our primary program was this last Sunday. Paka and Grandma Hardy came down Sunday morning to watch Malcolm and spent the day with us. I hope I don't offend anyone by saying this, (if anyone in my ward happens to read this) but it was not put together well. The leaders seemed to be running back and forth. The teachers didn't know who they were helping with what part. It just didn't seem to run smooth in my book. Not only that but Malcolm's class was sitting behind the sacrament table. You couldn't even see their little faces. Why wouldn't they put the oldest kids there? Then to add to that. Matt had helped Malcolm practice his part the whole day on Tuesday. He had it down by the end of the day and all week we said it. We told him to tell his teacher that he knew it, so they wouldn't try helping him. Well he tried telling his teacher, but she seemed frazzled and didn't listen and helped him anyways. So he lost his confidence and just waited for her to say the line and him to repeat it. We were so disappointed, not in him obviously, but that his teacher didn't even let him try it on his own. (Same thing happened to other kids as well.) Oh, and they were just passing the microphone around (we do have a VERY large primary) and she didn't even have him turn around and look at the audience, so we couldn't even see his face! Well at least if he tried picking his nose, we couldn't see it. (Last year he sat and picked his nose during one of the songs. Sad when you have to have a talk prior to the program about how this is not so cool! And it had to be MY child!)
Here's what Malcolm's part was this year.
-I lived with Heavenly Father as a Spirt Child. He presented his plan, the Plan of Salvation. Heavenly Father gave me agency. I chose to follow his plan.
I just wanted to post one picture. So many things about this picture are "bad", except for the moment. So who cares about the picture quality, focus, etc! At least I have the moment. Ahh!

During Family Home evening we had the boys say Malcolm's part so we could get it on camera. It's so cute that Quinn picked up Macks' part too. He usually didn't need any help starting out, but never remembered the last two sentences. Since it was so dark, Matt decided to spot light them with the maglite. Haha.
5 comments:
happy birthday! your pictures look awesome. i wish i could get a new fancy camera, but i don't trust myself with it. i sorta have a problem with dropping things. i'm on my 4th camera in 5 years. oops. i have those pampered chef pots too. aren't they great?
YAYYYY!!!! NEW TOYS!!! Sigh...unfortunately, you cannot have enough of them, lol. I'm bummed, my 50mm sucks, I can only stop down to like 3.0 or else my focus shifts. I'm hoping to get my hands on an 85mm one of these days...maybe next Spring. I miss that bokeh!!
And LOVE that last photo!
Oh, and you know you can get a remote for under $20 on Amazon, right?
Those video clips look like the boys are being interrogated in a police station. Very cute! Love all the pics Lou! Keep it up! Can’t wait to see you guys soon!
I'm glad you had a great birthday. You got lots of fun things. My birthday is in Decemeber and it gets overshadowed by Christmas, so I know how you feel :) Your boys were too cute saying their little parts. That's too bad that your primary people weren't a little more organized. Oh, and I definitely want to take you up on the pics. I'm pretty sure Jason still has Matt's #, if not I'll call you on Wednesday. It will be fun to see you guys.
Great pics of Winston, I really need to take a photo lesson from you(over the phone:))
Love nikki
Post a Comment