Sunday, April 13, 2008

Palouse Falls

Saturday morning my brother Milo called me and asked us if we would like to meet up at Palouse Falls. Melanie had been told about this place and since it's halfway between here and home, we thought it would be a fun place to meet up. Over ambitious Matt ended up feeding us all hamburgers and hot dogs. Plus all the other junk we all brought. It was a great little picnic. Mom and Pop ended up surprising us and came later too! (They did try calling us, there's just no cell service.) I took way to many pictures, and I have a really hard time narrowing them down. I'm still learning to use the settings on my camera, so some of these pictures are over and under exposed. It was sooo sunny and warm.

Palouse Falls is about 15 min SE of Washtucna, this tiny little town of like 250 people. This place is just beautiful!!
This is what you see looking the opposite direction of the falls.
We though this sign was hilarious. They have to post things for the stupid people right!?!
Little did we know there was going to be a little bike rally there. Motorcycles just kept coming and going. There were hundreds of bikers. The guys were loving it!
The kids besides the babies. Malcolm, Kathryn, Dane, Nathan and Quinn
My oh so handsome husband!!
Malcolm loving our adventure!
This picture is under exposed. I could edit it, but I just don't want to take the time. This is Milo being the goof ball that he is. Ready to take the swan dive.
See Mom, this could have been such a great picture, if you would just let me take them!! Get used to it already!!Yay!! Our first family picture!!
Mom is such a great Gramimi playing some football with the kids. The kids did so well and were entertained the whole time. It helped having cousins to play with.Under exposed, but such a cute picture of a dirty little boy.
Matt captured this one of him being the crazy 2 year old he is.
I guess all the running around tired Quinn out, he had to lay down for a second. I'm so glad I captured this little picture. I think it is too cute!Kathryn is the perfect little subject. I snap one picture and then she starts posing for me, even changing positions without direction. I just love you Kathryn!!
Of course the kids couldn't resist the water. They played in it forever!
We loved having Poppy there too!!I love this picture. Matt teasing Quinn getting him wet.
Right before we were leaving I snapped this picture. I'm so glad, it's one of my favorites of the trip.
Here's a group shot of all of us there. Even Macy (the dog) came. It's a terrible picture, but it's for the memories right! We had such a great time with our family. Thank you so much Milo and Melanie for the invite! We really enjoyed the company and adventure. Oh and being the warmest day so far, we all got sunburned. Even little Winston's face got a little red. I feel so guilty! I've never had that happen to one of my babies.
I just had to share this last picture. I was nursing Winston and Quinn woke up asking for some chocolate milk. I told him he had to wait until I was done. This is what I found, he had opened up the dishwasher, gotten a cup out, played with a knife, poured the chocolate in the cup, on the floor, spread the chocolate with the baby bottle brush and was getting ready to pour in the milk. I'm just glad I got there before the milk ended up all over the floor and he cut off his finger. This is the first incident while I've been nursing. I guess that's good it's taken this long! Oh and he's nick named himself "boogie", we don't know why. We love you boogie!!

9 comments:

Leisha said...

You guys look like you had way to much fun. I love Quinn's mop of hair! Shaila I can't wait for a story when Quinn makes a huge mess and says "Hey Mom bring your camera! See what I did!" Love you guys!

melanie said...

It was a great day. Too bad we're paying for it with sick kids today. Maybe they got it from the drinking fountain and all that water play. Oh well, it was worth it.

I feel a bit guilty seeing that photo of Quinn since you and I were on the phone during the 'incident'. Love the visual. Too bad he's so cute he got the chocolate milk anyway, ha!

Anna said...

I love all the pics, esp the one of Quinn sitting with no shirt on. Quinn getting into the milk horrifies me. Im scared if I have a 2 yr old and a baby, Maggie was to old to get into things when I had Dallin.
You guys looked like you had so much fun, and it was so nice out!

Nygards said...

You have such a cute family! Looks like you guys had tons of fun. I love the picture of Quinn getting the chocolate milk. It is fun to see what my kids do while I feed Travis. Hope you're doing good. I love your blog!

Bethany said...

What a fun little day trip! you're so lucky that the weather was so nice. You look so great too...looks like you've already lost all your baby weight!

Campbells said...

what a great day! I need to know how to get there! I love the picture of Quinn laying on the picnic table, how adorable is that?

Harper Family said...

Great pics...I love the family one you guys had taken...very cute! Sounds like a total blast!! We'll have to go see Palouse Falls too!

Liz said...

Has Quinn been taking lessons from Hailey? I once found her filling an entire pan with Hershey's syrup while I showered. That picture of Quinn on the bench is so cute!

Unknown said...

That looks like an awesome place to spend an afternoon, or day. So fun. Love the independent kid. I've got 3 of those now.