Sunday, April 27, 2008

Last Weekend (Finally!)

I was wanting to do this post all last week. There was tons I wanted to say and many more pictures I wanted to post, but it feels like I missed the moment, but I had to at least document it!

My little brother Jason got married this last Saturday! Welcome to the family Cassie! It was so great to be with my family. We don't see each other nearly enough. Most of our siblings were there, all but Tyler. We missed you Tyler!! It was so great to have some of my aunts and uncles there too! I rarely get to see my Dad's side of the family, or keep in touch. It seems to be harder to stay in contact without a parent to fill you in!!

So this is Jason and Cassie during their "first dance". Notice all the kids sitting on the side watching. Some of the siblings; Carter, Spencer, Ryan (holding his daughter Dixie), Tanner, my other niece Chesney (Ryan's other daughter), Trevor and Malissa, oh and Calvin's shoulder. I missed out getting my camera in the family picture. Everybody was cold and ready to be done.I had to get a picture of just Jason and I. I love you Jason! Are you really married!?! Grandma Bushman and Winston...he was ready to leave by this time!In between the wedding and reception we went back to Matt's parents to feed Winston. How often do you see handsome boys all dressed up driving a tractor!?!
Uncle Jeff came home just in time to play some soccer with the boys. Luckily they stayed relatively clean!
Looks like Quinn put some power behind that ball...I wonder how fast it really went. Great job on the action shot Matt!
We tried twice getting a family picture. Not much success. It was way to sunny and none of us look that great in the several pictures taken.
Since Winston was in the sling the first time, we tried to take it again. We were going for some shade this time, but there were a whole bunch of wasps around. Next time we'll have to try again. Just me and my baby. Thanks Cynthia for capturing a picture of me with Winston. I'm rarely in the pictures with the kids!!
Since we had some family together, Brianne decided to celebrate Mason's birthday a week early. Loved the cake, so cute!! Happy 2nd Birthday yesterday Mason!! We love you loud and crazy boy!!

8 comments:

Anna said...

I love all the pics. Winston has changed a lot. I maybe need to see him soon.
Happy Bday Mason!

Campbells said...

You are so good at blogging and I have been so behind, I am a bad friend because I hardly ever leave comments. I missed your last three posts! I had to catch up. Cute pictures of your family. I should take a pic of your fam somewhere on campus for you. I liked the pic of matt and malcolm in the hospital bed, it was so cute.

melanie said...

I'm so glad you didn't give up on this post all together. Love the one of them dancing and you and Jason together. That's a great picture.

I'm so impressed the boys stayed clean playing soccer before the reception.

Such a cute pirate cake. Happy Birthday Mason!

Leisha said...

Cute little family! You all look very cute. It sounds like you had a great time. My little Tito is getting so big, soon i'll have to call him my big Tito...oh and he has so much hair! Love it!

Trista said...

Awwww...CONGRATS JASON!!! I haven't seen much of the Bushman clan forever--thanks for the great photos Shaila!! They made me smile and took me 'back to the days'. lol. Great post!!!!

Mandy said...

Cute pictures! It's so fun to have big events where all the family gets together. Oh, and this is such a cute pirate cake. I wish I had thought of it for Georgey's pirate parties.

Lacey said...

I love reading your blog, you always have something interesting going on! I hope Malcom's finger is getting better, I felt like crying and laughing all at the same time. I remember getting cut on my dad's pocket knife more than once. Luckily I never had to go to the emergency room though. I guess the ER visits come with having boys... they sure are cute though!!

chuck and april said...

i love tha cake. it's so cute!