Thursday, April 17, 2008

Field Trip to Bohler Gym

Wednesday Malcolm's class had a field trip to Bohler Gym on campus. This is the Cougars athletes gym. (In fact funny story, when we first moved here, Matt went to work out there. They have gatorade on tap, so he asked someone if it was for everyone, or something like that. They said that the gym was actually for athletes only, so he left. Ha!). It was a pretty fun field trip. They first took us to the equipment room where the athletes come to get all their gear. Check out this picture of just Nike shoes. We were ready to pick out a pair for ourselves. The guy that's in charge of outfitting the football team talked to us. He says it costs $720 just to outfit one player for game day. Crazy! They gave out sweat wristbands in Cougs colors to all the kids, and us parents if we wanted them. They also gave the little stickers that go under the eyes to the kids. No idea what they are called.Malcolm trying on the football shoulder pads. He's going to be one cute football player one day.They even let everyone try on the helmet...here's the boys wearing itOh and Matt!
Winston and I hanging out. He was so good and just slept the whole time in the sling...as usual. He loves that thing!
Butch the Cougs mascot came to see the kids too. Quinn was scared to death of it, but Malcolm actually warmed up to him for the first time. Maybe it was being able beat up on him with all the other kids.
They also were able to see where the athletes work out and the gyms they practice in. They also met some of the athletes, one of the football players and some of the girls basketball team. One of the girls was very tall, so I convinced Georgey to ask if she could dunk. He didn't know what it meant at first, but he asked anyways, and she could. We then tried getting one of them to ask her to show us. They didn't want to so Matt raised his hand and said they wanted to see her dunk. So she showed us...without a ball. This is a picture of the crazy boys listening to the basketball players.When Malcolm got home from school the kids were really in the sports mood after this fun field trip. Quinn dressed up in his Big Bend basketball uniform and Malcolm dressed up in his soccer gear. (Thanks Uncle Jeff for the awesome jersey!) They enjoyed playing sports together. This is one of their most favorite dress up items! Such boys!

12 comments:

Harper Family said...

Fun, fun, fun!! You gotta love little kids in sports gear! Glad they had a good time on the field trip. Oh, and that is so crazy-ridiculous about the Nike shoes and cost of game day gear!!

Harper Family said...

Oh, I forgot to say thanks for helping me get a picture to go with my comments! Thanks Shaila!

Laura Lei said...

Those boys are too cute. I love the Big Bend and Bimbo jerseys. Mike wants to know where Jeff got a Bimbo jersey?

Anna said...

What a fun field trip! Kurt would be in heaven taking Dallin to something like that! All the boy stuff looks so fun to me now that I have one!
Poor Matt and the gatorade! To funny.

Anonymous said...

Oh what a cute post! I hope and pray my kids are little athletes someday. If they aren't Shane would die. What a fun idea for a field trip. I wish I could have gone to that one!

Leisha said...

That field trip would be so fun. I think it's awesome how Malcolm's school takes them on so many field trips...I love a good field trip. Those are the best when your little. I can't wait to see you guys!

Liz said...

Funny how the dad's are one of the kids. I've always joked that I have 5 kids. The boys must have been in heaven.

Granny DeeAnn said...

Catching up with the Hardys is always fun. Little boys doing big boy things remmind us they really never grow up they just get bigger. Love your pictures Shaila!

melanie said...

I'm happy to say, I learned a few sports things from this post. Like... I had no idea the black marks were stickers. Am I the only one? Cute pictures of the boys, I love the helmets ones. Even with you Matt. Your eyes give you away, I can tell you love having that helmet on, ha!

I agree with Leisha, I love a good field trip, :).

Anonymous said...

Wow- Malcolm's school seems to do a lot of fun field trips! And that is so great that you can go on them with him. It's neat that you get to see so many different places!

worth reading said...

Hi Shaila, I haven't seen you in a while how's the family ward treating you? :)Hope you don't mind me spying on you I'm scoping out the blogsphere today it seems like everyone and there dog is on here! I'm glad you and the boys are doing well :) Winston is a doll.

Brianne said...

What a fun field trip. I laughed hysterically about Matt's time at the "athlete's gym"!

I love the picture of Malcolm with the stickers. He looks like a really mean football player, but still very handsome!

I also love the picture of you and Winston. Such a great picture of you.

Where did you get the Big Bend jersey? We need to get some for our kids!!