So I finally took some pictures of Winston. While Matt and the boys were at church, I took advantage of the peace and quiet. Although it would have helped to have Matt here, we could have done some other fun stuff. Winston wasn't really cooperative. He slept through most of them, until I tried taking off his diaper, then he was wide awake. I didn't get a lot of "great shots", but I still love every picture since it's my sweet baby! Here's some of the pictures I got. I took WAY to many!



In this one he was mad at me and wouldn't settle down for a picture at all. I think it's too funny how he's all kicking his legs out and such. He wouldn't stay the way I would lay him.
13 comments:
Very very cute pictures Lou! The one with his little lips pinched is so cute! I hope all is well in the Hardy home. Give all the little boys big hugs from all of us! Love you lots and lots and lots.
Oh I love the one with his head full of hair and his wrinkled skin. I wish I would have done the hair one. Reed has definitely lost some and has grown through the rest, ha!
Very sweet baby indeed! Can't wait to see him, soon I'll start a countdown. I need a getaway!!
YAY!! You did it! My favorite is the second and (of course!) the third. It is harder than I thought to get the little newborns to do what you want. What camera do you have? Are you shooting in manual mode? I think you definitely got some keepers! Good Job!
Really cute and REALLY sweet! Good pictures. He is soo handsome! I love the wrinkly skin and all!
Janene, to answer your questions...first off the sling, he doesn't move forward to much when I bend over...but of course I still hold him when I do.
My camera is a Canon Rebel XTI. I try shooting in manual most of the time, sometimes they end up not turning out though. These pictures I took, I think only 1 or 2 I shot in auto, the rest manual. Any suggestions on shotting in manual, sometimes the colors turn out all wrong, or blurry. You have a lot more experience then me, I've only had my camera since October.
Shaila! Great job with the pics! How fun...he is too cute!! Hey, just to let you know, our blog went private, so if you'd like an invite to see it still let me know at:
amermustky@gmail.com
Nice Work! Holy smokes...they look totally professional.
shaila he's so cute!! I think he's a total combination of the other two- I also love the sling, where did she get it?
Wow Shaila they totally look professional - you did an awesome job. Oh, and he is a-dor-able!
I love wrinkly newborn skin! Keep the pics coming!
Cute photos - I wish I had a newborn to practice on.
I have (almost) the same camera as you. Some advice from an amateur...
Best way to learn how to shoot manual is ONLY shoot manual for a few months - even snapshots. To avoid blurry pics keeps your ss above 1/125 (if you're not using a tripod), you may have to open your aperture or bump your ISO (although anything above 400 on this camera gets pretty grainy). And try to avoid shooting wide open (until you get more experience - I still struggle with this). The only sure way to avoid color casts is to set a custom white balance (easy to do - google it on the internet) or edit it out (what I usually do). Also, try to avoid using onboard flash and find some good natural light by a window or something (this is so hard to do in the winter!.
Anyway - not trying to sound presumptuous - I just know (from experience) it's nice to get lots of help when you're trying to figure things out. You can see some of my pics on my blog. It's private but email me at adri1079@hotmail.com and I'll send you an invite.
Your baby is beautiful!
He is so beautiful Shayla. How are you feeling/adjusting to 3? You guys are amazing! Good work on the photos!
SOOOOOOOOOOO Precious! I'm so glad you posted these.
Post a Comment