Sunday, February 17, 2008

Valentine's Fun and Updates

On Tuesday we were lucky to have Matt's mom come down and stay for a few days. We really enjoyed having her here, we always love having company. She's so sweet and brought us Valentine's presents. The boys got some really cute books, and she got me the Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook. As for Matt, he gets to enjoy my baking! I absolutely love to bake for some reason. I especially love to bake stuff for people. I can't wait to try out many of the yummy recipes.

On Wednesday, Malcolm's class had a "Friendship Party" to celebrate Valentine's Day. I'm glad Cynthia was here to go, and Matt had a few hours break from school. I really wasn't willing to take Winston around a million little kids, so I wasn't able to be there. Quinn was also so excited to go to the party, even though he missed his nap. Here he is watching a movie, just waiting until it was time to go.

Apparently it was a good movie they were watching. Malcolm sure seemed to be enjoying it.

I guess the party was pretty fun...at least for the kids. They had "stations" to do some different stuff. Malcolm and Quinn mostly just wanted to play in "housekeeping". Eventually they were convinced to decorate a heart envelope to hold all the Valentine's cards. I don't know all the details since I wasn't there. Here's Malcolm and Georgey hanging out playing with the cash register.Malcolm's favorite place to play at school is in "housekeeping". He loves dressing up...here he's sporting the chef outfit!
Quinn loving his cookie. This kid is addicted to chocolate!! Just like his mom.
The gang all dressed up. They are all so cute.
We didn't do much for Valentine's Day. Matt and the boys bought me red roses and a HUGE balloon that you can record a message on. Little did he know when Quinn picked it out it was $15. He regretted that buy. Also the next day Matt brought home New York Style Cheesecake!! Yummy! I love that stuff. For the boys I decided to do just a little something to celebrate it. They love coloring, using stickers, etc, so I bought them each a packet of stickers, and watercolor paints. They loved it and wanted to paint right away.
Malcolm loving his stickers. Kids can never get enough of stickers!
Quinn hard at work with his painting. He's just like his dad...when he's working hard, he sticks out his tongue.
I'm happy to report that Winston is now sleeping in his crib/bassinet instead of his car seat. I know I'm weird...I hate building bad habits. I love babies all swaddled. My little burrito baby!
So I just had to post a picture of my awesome sling Mom bought me. My sister Leisha introduced me to this sling called Peanut Shell. She bought one for her daughter and loved it. I'm so glad she shared, because I love it too. I've never had any type of carrier pack for my kids. This sling is awesome too, because it doesn't have any straps or buckles, you buy a "size" that fits you. There's also 5 different ways to hold the baby/toddler in it. I really wanted something that I could use so I could go walking with him and still push the boys in the double jogger. Well it works great, he's totally loves it and sleeps the whole time I'm walking...although that's pretty typical of a newborn!

5 comments:

melanie said...

Quinnie after his aunties heart, loving chocolate. Now I know what to bribe him with next time so he'll say my name, ha!

The chef suit is adorable. Dane would love it, he is a fan of dress up too. He wears the ninja turtle costume all the time.

Winston is so tiny and new. I just keep thinking he is 5 or 6 weeks already and I don't know why since he's only 2 for crying out loud! Can't wait to see more of the little peanut, he's so sweet and cute!

The Kay Family said...

Hey!! I am glad to see your update! It looks like the boys had a good Valentine's Day and had a lot of fun activities. Winston is such a cutie. I LOVE your sling. When you bend over forward does the baby stay snug to your chest, or does he move forward (with gravity) and kind of dangle there?? If this kind hold him in place when you lean forward, then it is the kind for me!! Just curious. Hope you are feeling well!

Anonymous said...

I'm totally getting one of those slings for my next one. Winston has on a very cute outfit I must add too. :) Love you.

Anna said...

Glad both Gmas have got to come up and visit you now. The extra help and company is always great. All 3boys are so cute. I think I may invest in one of those peanut shells next time, although Dallin loved his baby bjorn, but I love the that the peanut shells are so versatile. Hope you are getting some rest, you need it. Best advice I got given after to Dally was born was to make sleep a priority, I forced myself to do it and it was so worth it.

Mandy said...

Hey! Cute post. I can't get enough pictures of that precious little Winston! Now that we're not sick we need to hang out more!