One week already, I can't believe it! I'm already sad that he has to grow at all. I wish he could stay this size forever!! I love the newborn stage. Even if it means I'm sleep deprived.
Winston is a great baby so far. The first nights home were a little rough. While in a hospital I had an omelet with major onion in it, then came home and had a sandwich with horseradish mustard. I don't think he liked it too much. I just wasn't even thinking. Also while I was in labor I had a ton of cookies with chocolate in it...I don't know if he got that too. He didn't necessarily do a whole lot of crying...he just wanted to be held. My mom pretty much held him most of the first night. The second night wasn't quite so bad, but he slept by me most of the night. That means I don't sleep and I'm stressed by him sleeping by me. We finally figured out that he likes to sleep in his car seat. I hate building these types of habits, because then you have to break them. Oh well, at least we are all sleeping better. Winston really only cries when he's hungry. We have a pretty good schedule going on of eating every 3 hours. He knows when it's time to eat. He seems to like to fall asleep sucking on something. If he's really awake, he has to have his binkie to fall asleep, he just can't seem to settle down without it.
I haven't barely taken any pictures since being home. I totally regret it. I only have a few pictures of Mom with him. I realized I haven't even taken a picture with all the boys together, or a family picture. What's up with that!?! I'll have to do that this week, at least of the boys. Yesterday I finally took some pictures of little Winston. He's so adorable. We absolutely love this little guy!!

Gramimi bought him this cute little outfit. He's our little monkey with his hair all sticking out. His hair doesn't stay down after a bath. When I started taking these pictures, he started out by sleeping...

but then he decided to be awake. Sweet boy!

Then of course he starts going for his hands, even though he just got done eating!

Why is it so stinking cute when a baby yawns.

I'm in love with this little face! I just can't get enough of it.

After his next nap I took a few more pictures, this time he slept through it all. He didn't care what I did with him.

Malcolm was really wanting to be in a picture with him. He couldn't stay away.

When I was done, Malcolm wanted to take some pictures of Winston and I, so I actually let him. He even started telling me where to lay and such. A true photographer at heart!

Then Malcolm wanted to take a picture just of Winston. He takes some really good pictures!

He then wanted his picture with Winston, silly kid!

We've had a great first week with this new little member of our family. My Mom was able to stay and take care of us this whole week. I've never had any help after a baby, and it was really nice to know that my house, and children were being taken care of. Mom did everything, all I had to worry about was Winston. She left on Saturday. I didn't want her to leave. We cried together, then after she left I cried some more. I'm not scared to do it on my own, I just really enjoyed having her here all the time. I love my Mom, she's a wonderful, caring mother. I miss her a ton, even though she's only 2 hours away. This morning when Quinn woke up, he went straight to the room my Mom stayed in. He must be missing her too! Thank you so much for all you did for us Mom. I enjoyed having you here and can't wait until Pop wants to come for some Cougar Chunky...or to see us!
12 comments:
Oh so sweet! I love the one when he opened his eyes and is reaching for the camera. And his thumb, there will be no fighting this kid! I love that he does it already.
I've been thinking about you since yesterday. I got teary for you cause I hate when my mom leaves so I know how you are feeling. I get weepy for days before it happens. Hang in there, it's hard but I know you'll do a great job. You always do, you're a fabulous mother. Call me anytime, chances are, I'll be nursing too!! Love you!
Awww....you make me want a newborn, NOW. :D I need a willing subject. :D These are some really cute shots!! It's just sooo amazing how much newborns change in the first couple of weeks.
My little Tito is getting so big! I hope we can come home this summer so we can see you guys. Give the boys big hugs for us! Love you!
He is so cute. I miss him so much, and I haven't even met him. The pictures are great. Malcolm - Great Job!
I'm so glad you had some help. I will never forget my mom and dad washing every window in my house, while Rose and I slept. It was wonderful.
AWwww, congrats!! He is soo sweet and I love the pictures of ALL the your boys!! WOW, can you believe you have 3 boys!!! They are all soooo handsome!!!
Glad to see an update as that means you are surviving. He is very cute. The adjustment after a baby is always a bit rocky, but sounds like you are doing well. Im glad you found a place he likes to sleep, the habits can be broke when you are less tired. I love a baby that sucks on anything, binkies, thumbs. I want my mom after I have a baby and she only lives a few blocks away. Congrats again.
I miss you all! I was so happy to be able to help out! I hope I was a help, anyway! There were times I could just sit and hold baby Winston and be perfectly content! I've missed Quinnie coming and getting in bed with me every morning and rubbing his blanket under my nose! He's so dang cute! I miss watching for Malcolm's bus and watching him be such a big boy! I even miss Matt! But most of all I miss my sweet daughter who is always such a joy to be around! I love you all!
I'm glad that you are adjusting to the three kids so well. Isn't it the best to have your mom there? My mom and dad came and stayed for a week when I had Roman and I cried so hard when she left. I didn't think I would be able to survive without her help...but I guess I did. Winston's such a cutie and I loved all the great pics. I also love the "stick up straight" baby hair.
Little Winston's mouth totally remind me of yours and Malcolm's. He's so cute!
I had a hard time when Mom would leave me too after my babies were born. Especially with Jayni, Mom was such a huge help and I was scared to be on my own!
Hope all is going well. I'll call you tomorrow to check on you.
Good job Malcolm on the great pictures!! Love you guys!!!
I have been totally out of it. Yea! you're done being huge. What a relief. He is so beautiful. Isn't it amazing how much we love these little ones from the first moment that they come into our homes. I'm always awed by the love I have and I don't even know these little ones yet. I remember being so sad the first couple of weeks after I had Elise, because I knew she was going to grow up, and I wanted her to stay little for a while longer. (I wasn't sad the whole time, just for a few moments here and there). You guys did a great job making that little one.
if I look as good as you after having a baby I will be so happy! Congrats! --Korbi Ashton
He is so sweet Shaila. I need to come see you...or you can always come see me. I have a darling red bowl of yours too. I feel like we ALWAYS have something of yours. :) Good thing so that we can get together!!!
Post a Comment