Here we are again, seems like just the other day we were in this place with Quinn. Its funny how life goes. So Shaila started having some contractions yesterday but was in denial as we went through the day they continued to get worse. At 6:30 we went to play games with the Poteet's and some other couples. We played a very fun game called Bang which is an Italian western card based game. At this time her contractions were actually painful for her but she was quiet about it because of the big crowd. We ended up going home at 10 o'clock. I fell asleep quickly and was woken up by Shaila's heavy breathing at 5:00. I was like, OK lets call George and head to the hospital. Shaila felt bad for the boys and George so she wanted to wait. Shaila told me that she had been up all night because of the contractions. About 6:00 Malcolm woke up to make sure we were still home. 7:00 Shaila started to get in worse pain. 8:30 she decided that we should go to the hospital so we called the Poteets. 9:30 We showed up to the hospital and the nurse checked Shaila and she was at a 6. Here are some pics.

Here is Shaila happy she is going.

Here she is having a contraction (shes gonna kill me for putting this one up).
So it is 10:30 now and she just got her epidural. Go ahead and shout out some names in the comments.
9 comments:
George votes Kahilikomo, or George. And you know my favorite -little Howie Hardy would be so cute! We are so excited for you! Oh and Shaila, no one should look that good during labor!
Woo hooo!!! I've been waiting for this post! So glad it's finally time! Good luck with everything (thank heavens for epidurals, eh? :D), and great job for making it all the way through the night! Wow!
And I agree with Mandy--you look great Shaila!! Can't wait to meet this new guy! lol...sorry I'm no luck on the names--we're still stuck on ours, he's still "Peter" Teeter for now. :D
Oh I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. I'm glad you guys have wireless there, it's so convenient for those of us so far away. Next time more details Matt (that is if you can get them on here).
Lou, don't kill Matt for these pictures, they're awesome. Good luck getting baby here. Going into the hospital at a 6? Not fair!
Can't wait for more details and to see baby boy and hear his name. We love you guys!!
Family Names:
Alexander Howard
William Bell
Samuel Clark
Thomas
Simon
Solomon Kahonu
Ignaico Francisco
Awesome Names:
Jake Ryan (16 candles anyone?)or
Jack Ryan (Tom Clancy)
Captain (Mike's suggestion)
That's all I have.
Hooray!! I bet you've all ready had the baby (or are pretty darn close!!) I'm so glad you went into labor on your own, just like you wanted (it is a pretty crazy experience, huh?) I hope you are doing well and I can't wait for the next update!! p.s. you do look great for a laboring mom!
I was shocked to see a post, then I could tell Matt did it. Matt keep it up! Shaila you look beautiful. Even in the contraction picture you look great.
This is my random list of names:
Tito
Jackie
Jermaine
Marlon
Michael
Randy
Mom just called and said you had him! Yay! I'll be looking forward to meeting little Tito.
Congrats I heard he came out! As for names: Jax, Wyatt, Samuel and thats really about all I have! Cant wait to see pics. Get em posted Matt!
Oh...I feel behind. Is he out? I can't wait to see him! Shaila I can't believe you were already dialated to a 6 before you got to the hospital. You are one tough cookie! Wow!
Who is the tough chick?! And seriously...you look great for being in labor!
Here are our names:
Ackerley(from the acremeadow)
Halfdan(Half Danish)
Hobbard(Brilliant shining mind)
Hardy(Bold and daring)
Clayton(Mortal man)
Landon(Dweller on the long hill)
Kerwin(means small black-haired one)
Hope to see one of our names in the next post! Just kidding...
CONGRATULATIONS!
Love,
The Harpers
Post a Comment