July 25th - July 29th was the Chlarson Family Reunion. Every year we go camping. Some would say we don't really camp, but I love it. We always have to have showers and toilets, but we do love sleeping in tents. This year for the first time we went to Ensign Ranch, church owned can you tell. We loved it. We stayed in the summer cabins, which have bunks inside of them. Only Grammie and Grandpa were brave enough to sleep in them, but next year I might give it a try if we go again. They have a lot of fun things to do there, but what we liked the most was the slip n slide thing. They have this really big hill that's covered in tarps and has water going down it. You go down on a tube and it's a blast. The kids loved it, but I think some of us adults loved it even more. I went up on Wednesday without Matt and stayed until Sunday. Matt came up Friday. The boys did pretty great, except for Thursday night it was really windy. The wind woke both the boys up. I had both of them in bed with me, and Malcolm went right back to sleep. Quinn on the other hand stayed up from 1am until 5am. He was wide awake just talking away. I was so tired!! But that was the worst of it, the rest was awesome. I didn't take nearly enough pictures, but here are some of what I got. I have been slacking on picture taking too. Pregnancy...that's all I have to blame!
Quinn helping rake the campsite. What a funny kids, always wanting to help in the wrong ways!
Breakfast...or maybe not. The kids were so busy they barely ever slowed down to eat.
Quinn loves balls...why he was sitting in the field, I don't know!
Quinn posing!
Malcolm pouting!
Uncle Alan's hammock, the kids thought it was fun to fall off, until Dane got hurt doing it!
Quinn loved Chelsey and Kylie. When we were on the slide, after every time down Quinn wanted to cuddle with his towel on Chelsey's lap.
Every year we have a "Reunion T-shirt" and a revealing of them. This year Nathan did the honors, even though I didn't get his face. This is the front.

And here's the back...so fun and cute!

My cousins Chelsey and Kylie hanging out around the fire.

Nathan roasting marshmallows. I was a little scared sitting next to him, when the smoke was in his face he didn't know where he was pointing that thing.

Grandpa and Grammie hanging out by the fire. It really was nighttime here, but it just stays light out until like 9:30pm.
Here's the slip n slide...Matt coming down with Quinn.
Even Mom and Grammie went down...so cute!!

Matt and I going down together.

Our family going down together!

Breakfast...or maybe not. The kids were so busy they barely ever slowed down to eat.

Quinn loves balls...why he was sitting in the field, I don't know!

Quinn posing!

Malcolm pouting!

Uncle Alan's hammock, the kids thought it was fun to fall off, until Dane got hurt doing it!

Quinn loved Chelsey and Kylie. When we were on the slide, after every time down Quinn wanted to cuddle with his towel on Chelsey's lap.

Every year we have a "Reunion T-shirt" and a revealing of them. This year Nathan did the honors, even though I didn't get his face. This is the front.

And here's the back...so fun and cute!

My cousins Chelsey and Kylie hanging out around the fire.

Nathan roasting marshmallows. I was a little scared sitting next to him, when the smoke was in his face he didn't know where he was pointing that thing.

Grandpa and Grammie hanging out by the fire. It really was nighttime here, but it just stays light out until like 9:30pm.

Here's the slip n slide...Matt coming down with Quinn.
Even Mom and Grammie went down...so cute!!
Matt and I going down together.

Our family going down together!

So this last year our family worked on putting a cookbook together. I come from a family of great cooks!! At the reunion we got to see the finished product. They turned out so cute and nice. I so excited for them. If anybody loves cooking or cookbooks, we're selling extra for $10 each! Such great recipes.
No comments:
Post a Comment