Friday, June 8, 2012

36 Weeks

36 weeks, and 4 weeks since I last posted. Man does time fly, and my belly shows it's grown in that time too.

I went to the doctor yesterday, and it was the first appointment that Matt was able to go with me. It's been really weird to not have him there until now, as with the others, he was there for the majority of the appointments. Apparently medical school keeps you busy for some reason. I can't imagine why. ;)

I'm not sure Matt was totally impressed with my Dr, but I like her well enough, and I trust that she'll bring my baby into this world. I'm also not sure Matt was totally impressed with my weight. Haha! Seriously, I wish I could have taken a picture of how big his eyes got. In reality, I'm pretty sure this is the most I've ever weighed in pregnancy, though by some miracle I can't ever recall my previous pregnancies weight. It has been hard for me to know that, and I feel like I've put weight on my face more then I ever did before either. Even though you're pregnant, you still don't like gaining weight and feel so gross and fat. I foresee struggling more with getting this weight off then any other pregnancy, and I'm not looking forward to that. I'm just old now!

I had my group B Strep swab yesterday, so that meant that she was also able to check me and see if my body is starting to do anything. Not one thing yet, not dilated at all. With Winston I didn't dilate until a week prior to his due date, and it was only to a 1. But we did set an induction 1 week early, as she's out of town for a week just after that, so she's scheduling me for June 25th (I'll be 39 weeks that day). I really don't want to be induced again, it's horrible, but I also want this baby born ASAP so we can get on with summer and whatever that means for Matt having a job and such. I'm still thinking I'll try some natural induction prior to, as the labor is so much easier natural then with pitocin. I want to get out walking again, as I was good for a while, and then it got too rainy again. Since it's rainy this week, I hope to get out Monday and start walking at the boys school while they play at the playground. Thanks for the idea Mom! I want to feel those contractions!

At my appointment, we also talked about my "birth plan" which is really nothing at all, I've never had one, as how can you know what's going to happen. The only thing I ever say, is no episiotomy, but since I never even tear, I really don't have to worry about it. I also just said, that depending on if I go in labor naturally, or with pitocin, I'd like to labor as long as I can without getting my epidural. If I have pitocin, I know it very likely won't be long, so much more intense and painful that way.

I've been feeling pretty great, besides just tired. I'm not really uncomfortable at all, achy here and there occasionally, but I really can't believe I only have a few weeks left. For some reason, last week, I was really retaining water, when I've never retained in any other pregnancy, but this week I've seemed fine. It was annoying to retain water and didn't feel good, so I tried to take it easy the last part of the week, as I was busy and on my feet at the beginning of the week.

So, if I'm being induced on June 25th, that means I only have about 2.5 weeks until I should have a baby. That seems almost way too soon, though I want baby boy here. I have NOTHING done though. I have had all these big plans in my head since last week, but still not one thing accomplished. In fact, I feel like my house is more of a disaster then ever. In my mind I feel like I want to "nest" but have yet to take action. I need to get my bedroom back in order, as it has gotten out of control, then I'd like to clean everything. I also need to catch back up on laundry, which is hard when I have clean clothes that are still sitting baskets too, though folded. Then, I need to get everything ready to have a baby live in this house. I decided I want to put Winston back in with Malcolm and Quinn, so I want to go through all the toys and get rid of a lot, then rearrange a little to add Winston's bed in there too. I was going to keep Winston in his own room and the baby have his own room too, but a few months ago, Matt's parents brought our full size bed back to us, which they've been storing and using for about 5 years, and I just can't seem to figure out how to put the baby in the same room with the full size bed, it's just too squished. So then I need to get all the baby furniture out of the garage and in the babies room and then wash all the baby clothes and put them away. Sheesh, I better get busy. But can I just say, I'm really not excited to pull out all the baby clothes. I think it may be that it's the 4th boy, and they've been used so many times, I'm tired of them, just like I get tired of my own clothes.

I will stop my pregnancy rambling and get on to cleaning now, maybe, hopefully, if the kids will only be good. :)

P.S. I would still love any name suggestions! PLEASE! I'm waiting for something to just scream, "THAT'S IT!"

1 comment:

K+B said...

Well if you have him on the 26th you can name him Kreig and they can be little buddies with twinner birthdays :) is that weird?? lol just joking but I'm so excited for you to have that sweet boy! I wish I had good name suggestions but I don't... you will find the perfect fit when you see that baby boy for the first time! Wish I could be closer and able to help you prepare for him!