Wednesday, January 4, 2012

14 Weeks

and 2 days! :)
(Please keep in mind that I decided to take this picture at 9:30pm and it's a self portrait. I was so tempted to photoshop myself all up, but I'm keeping it real!)
I'm huge, already! (I'm trying to remind myself, it's my 4th baby, and I had extra weight on me to begin with, which I'm not proud of!) I wasn't showing much, until we went home for Christmas and my stomach popped out! At my appointment today, my doctor said from my last appointment (Dec 1st) until today, I'd only gained 2.2 lbs, so I guess it's not from much weight gain. Which is good considering it was the holidays and I'm pregnant.

I hate self portraits, I am not a photogenic person, but I took weekly pictures with Winston, and I wanted to start doing it again. Despite the horrible pictures with Winston, it has been fun to go back and see the progress I made during the last half of his pregnancy (since I didn't start the pictures until 23 weeks). I wanted to start pictures earlier than this, but I couldn't bring myself to take any until tonight.

I got to listen to the heartbeat again today. It brought more relief and is helping to relieve the anxiety I have felt ever since I took a pregnancy test. Since I had miscarriages last year, I was trying really hard to not get my hopes up. When I got the ultrasound at 9 weeks, I was relieved to see there was a baby with a heartbeat, but I was still anxious since I was only 9 weeks. So being 14 weeks and still a heartbeat, I'm feeling a little better that this will bring us a baby. I just hope for a healthy baby and a healthy me!

3 comments:

Kelley Gubler said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you and hope all goes well with this pregnancy!

Maren B said...

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that you and baby are healthy so far and I love that you had the self-control not to photo-shop yourself! I popped out so fast my third time that a friend I hadn't seen in years said, "Oh, congratulations-- you're pregnant!" when I was only 9 weeks along. So showing at 14 weeks seems totally reasonable!

K+B said...

You still look amazing - early morning, pregnant and all!! I'm so excited for your little (but growing!) family :) I hope it's a girl... you definitely deserve one. But then again your boys are so dang cute!