Friday, March 20, 2009

He's Going to be the Death of Me

Man I love Winston. He is already 13 1/2 months and he's going to be the death of me. He's not really that busy of a kid, he's pretty content a lot, but he's a sneaky monkey. I've already posted once about his climbing ability and it hasn't stopped yet.
One morning after I changed Winston's diaper, I left him in his room to play with his toys. I heard him getting frustrated a couple times, which isn't uncommon for him, and then realized a few minutes later I couldn't hear him playing. I went in to find him on top of his changing table. He climbed up on to the rocking chair, that is right next to it, then climbed up onto the changing table from stepping on the arm rest. He was so proud of himself. I picked him up and took him into the living room, where he booked it right back to try it again.
I just had to post this picture of this look he's been doing for the last month or more. It's so cute and funny.
His ball went under Quinn's bed, so he went to retrieve it. I've never had a one year old that was so brave.
He's started this one too. He can pull out the chairs from the table and climb onto them, so that he can climb up on the table. He thinks it's so much fun to be up there, even if the table is empty. It's even better when there are snacks up there for him to find though.
He even tries getting off, but he's not that brave to fall that far. Only off the couch and our huge bed does he do that.
He's also figured out he's tall enough to do this. The little booger. He gets right up on his tippy toes and can barely reach the handle.That's why I hate these kind of door handles. A child shouldn't be able to open doors until they are older then two. It's a rule, don't you know.
He thinks he is so big to be able to do this.
He'll just open the door and slam it open and shut over and over.
How do you tell a 1 year old no?
They just go right back to doing it again.
So I just give up and let him be a one year old and explore.
How can I say no to this cute face. The sneaky little booger.
Since Christmas break, he's been teething and teething and teething. Will it ever stop? He is by far my only baby that is affected by his teeth coming in. But I guess I can't blame him when he gets all four top teeth coming down at one time. His right side tooth broke through first, then about a month later, his left side tooth broke through. Then about a week later the two top teeth came through together. Man he was not happy. Considering they caught up to the other teeth so fast, I'm assuming they must have really been pushing hard. I love the little gap teeth smile, but I miss the gummy smile too.
My life is really over now. For the last four weeks or more, he started doing this.
First it was just a few steps here and there, and he would get tired of it fast. Now he's doing it all day long. He still crawls quite often, but just this week, he's been walking even more. If he falls, he'll just crawl, but he's getting up and walking around all the time. Must be that there's more space for him to explore here at my Mom's house. In the picture above, he's so excited that he found my mom's itouch to play with.
I love this sweet baby, but he is going to be the child that I always have to worry about. He's a little dare devil. Even if he falls off and gets hurt when he's trying to climb, after some loves, he's right back up trying it again.

8 comments:

melanie said...

He is so cute! I know the climbing drives you crazy but it makes you post adorable, naughty stuff like this. I love it!! Love his 'kissy' face too.

And I agree babies shouldn't be able to open doors at all! Reed can do it at your mom's and he definitely thinks he's hot stuff.

Anonymous said...

thats funny! Your kids are really cute... How can you say no to the cure and adorible little faces... tanner is always trying new adventures like for one he likes to clime on the horse trailer! it's crazy and scares the crud right out of me!!

The Black's said...

Okay Shaila we really have two little boys that are way to much alike. I am going through all this same stuff right now with Cooper. Good thing we don't let these two get together, I couldn't even imagine. It must be a 3rd baby thing or something I don't know. But if you figure it out before I do HELP ME!!!!

Liz said...

What a little stinker pants! Man I guess Connor's dumping habits aren't so bad afterall. Nothing is safe for you now.

Campbells said...

What a little stinker! climbers are so hard, Sadie climbed on top of the changing table about that age too. We were constantly rearranging furniture so she could not climb to high things! Than she figured our stools and large mixing bowls (of all things) helped to reach things she could not get to! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I am amazed at all that kid can get into at 13 months! You really do have your hands full- but at least he's such a cutie, right!?

And don't stress about getting udated on your blog. I totally know how you feel, and you'll get there eventually. there are just some times in life when you can't make blogging a priority. I feel like I am barely getting caught up since when we moved here to Colorado. So, now I just post things and change the date on the posting. That way when I print out my blog someday, it will look like I posted it on the correct date. It is my journal after all and I want to remember when things really happened! :)

Unknown said...

Ha ha! I've had three of those. My boys have been the biggest climbers, but Brendan is my sneakiest. That is what my life is every day. I just have to listen for the silence and then I know something is going on that shouldn't be.

They do have door knob cover thingers for that kind of door knob. I think you may even be able to find them at Walmart. If you do go get a couple we found it best to put it on upside down. Brendan would hang on it until it unclicked itself. I have to keep my doors protected. I've got one on the bathrooms and my room and the inside of Brendan's room (so he doesn't get out of his room).
He is a cutie though. Sometimes I think it's the only redeeming thing about them.

Unknown said...

I meant Winston was a cutie, not Brendan, though he is too. It's so fun to have cute kids.