The weekend before last the Poteet's invited us to go check out Spring Valley Reservoir with them. Let's just say it wasn't quite as cool as we were expecting. Matt and George tried renting canoes for the weekend, but they were all out. I wouldn't have gotten in that water on a cruise boat! It was pretty nasty looking. Just green and mucky. You couldn't even see into the water.
We took stuff for a picnic, but then the grass was FULL of grasshoppers. You walked across the grass and hundreds started jumping. I wasn't about to have a grasshopper sandwich! So we ended up driving to the "camping" area, so we could sit at a picnic table.
We came to one and started setting up, until Matt noticed a humongous beehive in the tree 6 ft away. Made me think of "My Girl". Not about to eat with the bees either. So we drove further to a secluded campsite and started fixing our lunches.
Georgey ended up having an accident, then Quinn ended up with one as well. Quinn's was worse since it wasn't just the wet kind. Needless to say, we throw away a nasty pair of underwear. All I had for him to wear was his swimsuit (since I thought we could go swimming...wrong!!), so he ended having to wear it the rest of the day.
Looks pretty, but dirty!!
So we decided to go for a hike around. Although with such a bad start, we were a little worried of what we would encounter. Besides the snake at the head of the trail, and Mandy doing the perfect girl scream, it went fine. Matt was the photographer of the hike, since I was lugging around Winston.
The boys taking in the scenery.
When they started getting too far ahead...they were reminded of the snake. Haha!
Pretty cool pictures Matt took along the way.

Georgey and Malcolm taking a rest again.
Matt handed the camera to George so we could get a family shot...he first got this one.
Then this cute one of the boys. Good job George!! Love it!
The best one of the family shot...and we all look pretty retarded...not the photographers fault.
Matt captured this cute picture of Mandy and George. Oh and Grayam zonked out! Love how Mandy is all lit up!
The hike took just over an hour to walk all the way around the reservoir. Afterwards we decided to try driving over the "Moscow Mountain". Here we are at a clearing and the boys playing on the big rock with their wood guns. Boys will find weapons anywhere.
Have you ever seen a mini van four bying? Well now I have. George is not afraid to take theirs any where. I was getting a little nervous for them. We ended up having to turn around when we didn't know if the road was going over the mountain, since we didn't fill up with gas before we left. I wasn't willing to be stuck in the middle of nowhere with 3 kids! As we left we passed by some ladies on horseback, and they said the road would eventually just end. Good thing we turned around. A picture of our cars amongst all the trees in the clearing.
The mountain was really fun. Maybe someday we can go back with a full tank of gas, and more time to explore. Better yet, maybe George and Matt would like to take a trip of their own with George's jeep!!!!
3 comments:
Bummer it wasnt what you thought, but looks like you guys made the best of things and had fun. I swear you are always out doing something fun! I love the thought of the snake scream! I hate them and wouldve ran too.
Also...this proves it minivans rule!
Love your new layout, fun! This was an awesome post. I love all of the pictures! Once again, I am mad I didn't just wait for your post and copy it. Why don't I learn?! Even though it wasn't the day we thought it might be, we still had a great time! We could go anywhere with our Hardys and it would be fun!!
Sounds like an awesome trip...what with the bees, snakes, grasshoppers and accidents.:)
You guys are so cute. Quite the little adventurists.
Post a Comment