Friday, September 12, 2008

Part of Labor Day Weekend

Labor Day weekend Mom and Pop came down overnight to check out Boyer Park. We've been wanting to go camping, but before they committed to it, they wanted to check it out first. We took our kites and made a very "scenic" drive there. Here's some pictures of the kite flying adventure. Not the greatest pictures since I can't get too close with my lens. It wasn't necessarily windy, but gusts would come through for a while. So here they are waiting for the wind.Quinn and Matt with the dragon kite.
Poppy and Malcolm with the shark kite.
Pop's running for it.
They got it up really high.
Matt took the dragon kite out to the little island.Can't wait to go camping here in a week, the last "true" weekend of summer. Hopefully the weather is nice and not to cold for the kids at night. I LOVE camping!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So far, the weather looks good until Sunday. Low 70's and sunny but Sunday it could rain. I'm getting excited!

NicKim Family said...

Oh my goodness - we love flying kites with Lucy!! Isn't it fun how having kids bring back all the fun stuff!? I love it!

Brianne said...

I wish I was brave enough to go without Tom. But I'll enjoy the comforts of being home.

Pop looks like he's having more fun than the kids. He's so fun!!

I love the kites. Are they the ones from Costco?

melanie said...

Does this mean the Perkes wont be camping? I keep forgetting to ask whose on the for sure list.

It looks like a great place. My kids love to do kites, those were flying really high. Should we pack a couple?

I'm not going to lie though, I'm a bit nervous with the way Reed has been sleeping this past week. Which in not very good at all. I'll add it to my prayers this week. Think that will help?