Monday, September 15, 2008

First Day of Preschool

When Malcolm was 3 I tried putting him in preschool, but a month later pulling him out. The program and teachers were great. (In fact, Malcolm's teacher cried when I told her I was going to keep him home.) I ended up just wanting him home longer. I had worked his first 2 years of life, and I needed more time with him.

I wasn't going to put Quinn in at this age either. Especially since I decided to hold Malcolm back from Kindergarten, it would seem unfair for Quinn to go to school while Malcolm stayed home. Matt ended up talking me into signing him up, saying he needed it for social aspects. All his friends are Malcolm's age.

Since I signed him up so late, I didn't think he would get in, but the first day of school, they called and said two kids ended up not coming and won't be coming in, so they had an opening. Quinn started the very next day. He was SOOO excited. This child does not stand still for pictures and is always moving in them. He was giving me a little dance in most of these. I love how here he looks like he's flexing his trapezius muscles! Haha
We're waiting to take him to class.
He gets to be in the Sun classroom, the same class Malcolm was in at this age.
He was so disappointed I took him to school the first morning. He wanted to ride the bus so bad. So he was so excited to be able to ride it home. He came off the bus with food still on his face, and his coat inside out! Haha...it was so funny, and he thought he was some big kid! So the first day, I told Quinn how much I missed him and pretended to cry. He totally comforted me, hugging me, telling me I can't cry, because he's a big boy and needs to go to school. I still pretend some days, just because I love his reaction. This morning as I was walking him out to the bus, he told me not to cry! Haha
Malcolm is so proud of him. He told him all about the school and what he was going to do. Malcolm is totally fine being home with me and Quinn being a big boy too. He's such a great brother. He wanted to help me take him to school and get him off the bus. He insists on the hugs and kisses from Quinn as well. Too funny!

5 comments:

Mandy said...

SO cute! I still can't believe little Quinnie is in school! I LOVE the one of him with the food on his face and inside-out jacket. That's awesome! And Malcolm...what a good brother!!

Brianne said...

Love the pictures. I love Quinnie's before and after hair. He must have been playing hard.

Jayni is going to preschool too and I can already see the benefits of her having some interaction with kids her age during the week. It's only a month and a half session and we'll probably do the next session that ends just before Thanksgiving. After that I'm not sure since I don't know if the city offers it. It's so cute when I pick her up because she asks for hugs anytime a kid walks by when she's supposed to be getting in the car. It's too cute!

Anna said...

How fun for Quinn. I think it was a good choice to put him in regardless of Malcolm's situation. Im sure that was a hard choice.
I love when they learn to do these knew things!

Anna said...

I also love that Malcolm is like his mentor or something! To cute!

Laura Lei said...

I can't believe Quinn is old enough to go to Preschool. He is a big boy. When did that happen?