Sunday, August 31, 2008

Week of Family Fun

I seriously can't believe it's been a week since I've been home and still haven't done this post. Last week, or the week before last, whatever you want to call it, we went home for about 10 days. Laura was in town for her 10 year high school reunion, and since she doesn't come home that often, we like to take advantage of it. Matt worked for his dad, so we didn't miss out on our income. It was great to have a little break from apartments. Mom and Pop were gone for the week in Chelan with the Wyman family, so we had the whole HOUSE to ourselves. It was great, besides the fact that we had to take care of the dog. Haha

I was pretty excited when I realized the Grant County Fair, would be going on the weekend we got there. So we headed out in the 100 + degree weather to watch Kathryn clog (no pics, I was too far away), and eat some oh so yummy fair food. I had my spaceburger, which I have loved for as long as I can remember. Generally the fair is packed on the weekend, but due to the extreme heat, no one was there. So we just watched Kathryn, ate, took a quick tour of the barns and was out of there, ready for the air conditioning again. It was so hot, I didn't even want to take pictures, so I got only one. Matt helping Rose and Quinn pet the cow.
That night Jeff had a soccer game, so all the family ventured out to watch him. He was in the game for all of about 10 minutes or so when a fight broke out about 30 feet in front of us. It looked like it was going to break up, but then some people from the side lines decided to join is as well. They were basically hitting and kicking just one guys too! It was crazy! We started gathering our stuff and the kids when the fight started escalating and moving our way. Once we were to our cars it had broken up. One guy that jumped in from the side lines took off in his car right before the police showed up. Yeah...it was a great family fun night!! Thanks Jeff!! Haha!Moses Lake always has the best sunsets for some reason, so I couldn't resist taking a few of them.
We didn't do a whole lot while we were home. I would mostly just hang out at Cynthia's during the day and be lazy. It was great! I knew I wanted to get a picture of the grand kids together before Laura left. I didn't realized she was leaving as early as she did, so the morning that she left we tried to get some pictures. It was a pretty chilly day, especially since just a few days before it was blazin' hot. So the kids were cold, and probably all ready for a snack...since Malcolm kept crying he was hungry. The kids all took there moments to whine and cry, so we didn't get any shots with all of them looking. They would have been sooo cute too! At least they are cute for candid shots!
See how unhappy Malcolm was at this moment! He was not cooperating, when usually he is the easiest to deal with, at least the cheesiest. When we got inside Malcolm informed me that when it's windy, it means he's hungry. Ohh...I see, I never realized the weather affected his appetite! I just love Quinn's face in this! He is such a handsome little guy!!
I love Rose, isn't she just so dang cute!?! I had fun trying to bond with her, but she really preferred Matt. Laura assured me that she prefers men. If I had a chance, I would cuddle with her as long as she would let me. I love this picture of her with Winston. I love those yellow jeans!
Friday we headed up the Chelan to spend some time with the Wyman family. I rarely get to see them, so it was a good treat. It was pretty cloudy when we got there, but the first thing Pop wanted to do was swim.
I just loved this picture of Quinn. I think he's making sure no one is going to try grabbing him.
Quinn was a little nervous of the pool for some reason. He was also very cold, he finally decided he was done and ready to go. Oh and I have to document that Quinn is officially potty trained!! Yay! Once he decided to do it, he was ready. A little help from some skittles did the trick. He even wakes up with a dry diaper, so tomorrow were going to try diaper free. No sense wasting the diapers, right?
Even Winston found a little water to kick his feet in. Matt says it looks like he's play in a puddle of pee...I assure you it's not!
After swimming we went with Grandma Bette to a blueberry farm for some lunch. It was such a cute little place with some yummy food. I was sad I missed the breakfast food of yummy belgium waffles that my mom said were wonderful. They had great burgers with blueberry mayo which was quite delicious.
Malcolm had to show me this trick and wanted a picture of it. He is such a funny kid right now, such a five year old.
Quinn is the biggest mooch ever. If you are ever eating something and he's not, he's right there like a little puppy dog begging for some. Poppy obviously loves him a lot to share his peanut butter shake with him. Such a cute picture, I love it!
Yep, I love this man!!
Poor Winston was tuckered out. Good thing he's such a great baby and so willing to take his naps as he can get him. Love him cuddling with Poppy. Pop's not really sleeping, just relaxing with him. This is so Malcolm in the background, always trying to be the sneaky, funny guy in the pictures. Grandma Bette bought all the kids suckers. My kids have yet to finish them.
After lunch and some miniature golfing with the boys, we headed to the beach. Lake Chelan is always sooo cold. Since it was already a cooler day, Pop was the only one to get in, along with his brother and some nephews. Malcolm wanted to head back to the pool, so we eventually all ended back up there. Malcolm said his favorite part of the day was this...


...He said it's when they were playing monster. We had so much fun, I'm glad we were able to go see all the Wyman's!!
The first weekend we were home Landon and Holli came up to go to the fair too. It was fun to have them stay at Mom's for a few days. I don't get to see them nearly enough. We talked about taking some pictures of them, so Sunday they came over to the Hardy's backyard, and we got some great shots. I was so happy with all the results, they are so photogenic, it was easy. I took WAY too many pictures and have over 20 favorites. So just a few of my favs from the stack.





It was so great to be home for a while. For some reason it was so relaxing for me. I enjoy my home away from home!!

5 comments:

Laura Lei said...

I've been waiting for this post. I LOVE the picture of Winston and Rose. Her pony tails actually look even...even though they weren't.

It was so much fun seeing you guys while I was home. I am already missing everyone. Everytime I visit and come home, I realize just how far away I live and it makes me sad. Sigh. Hopefully, I'll have a reason to come home soon.

The Kay Family said...

WOW, you guys have sure been having a busy and fun filled summer! I love love LOVE the pictures you are taking lately, they look awesome!! Keep it up!

Campbells said...

Looks fun with your fam. Your are getting so good at taking pics. I really wanted to have you do a photo shoot with jack before I left, darnit!!! Did Malcolm start Kindergarten yet? Miss you guys!

melanie said...

Fun post! I can't believe you were here for a week, it just flew by and we hardly even saw each other.

I love all the photos. Rose has grown up so much, she's looking almost as old as the boys! Malcolm working so hard not to cry from the wind is too cute. Oldest children are so alike this would have totally been Nathan!

Sharing with Quinn is so fun. I love when he asks for more.

Great post and photos Lou!

landon said...

I love what you've done with all the pictures of us Lou! You are amazing!