Thursday, May 8, 2008

Graduation (Saturday, May 3, 2008)

On Saturday Matthew graduated with his Bachelors in Medical Science from WSU!! I can't believe after all this schooling and changing majors, he's finally done. Well at least with this degree. Matt is planning to still further his education, but I'll let him tell you what he's doing next. Or at least I'll let everyone know when we get into a school! I also just wanted to thank all our family and friends that have helped us get this far! We appreciate all the love and support, whatever that might be!I am so very proud of you Matthew! This is such a huge accomplishment. Even if it's not where you want to be in the end, it's been a long, hard road to get here. I'm so thankful for your commitment to schooling and our family. You amaze me with how easy you make it look, and I can't wait to see you accomplish the goals you have for our future! I'm so proud to call you mine!! I love you!
His graduation started bright and early at 8am. I had to wake up the boys at 6am and we were there by 7am to get good seats. I fed Winston right before it started standing up in a bathroom stall, that's alway fun. Then he decided to have a blow out, and I didn't have an extra onesie. Luckily he didn't get it on his clothes! He was worn out, being all off schedule. He fell asleep before it even started. I thought this was such a cute picture of him and Gramimi! Besides the fact that it's bad lighting. Too bad I didn't know how to custom white balance before this!
The proud parents! Thank you so much for all your support and all that you do to help Matt meet his goals!!
We tried getting a picture of Matt with the boys. After 3 hours of sitting, the boys weren't willing to sit still any longer. The boys were so good during it though. Besides the fact that we sat behind some grumpy people and they made me feel like I'm a terrible parent! I hate people like that!! Merle said a lady came up to him after and told him she was sitting behind us and how well behaved the boys were. Thank you so much for making me feel better!!
We were barely able to take a picture of the family! Why I didn't take off my glasses for it though...I don't know!! I never like pictures of me though, I am not photogenic!
Sunday after my parents left, we decided to take a few pictures on campus. It was such a beautiful day, but a little too sunny. Malcolm has been telling me for months that we need to take a picture of this blue heart sculpture to put on the blog. Well here it is!! Not quite sure what the point of it is, but that's art!Saturday Malcolm also got his stitches out. I stayed home to feed Winston, so I wasn't there. Matt says Malcolm through a bigger fit getting them out, then when he actually cut it. I'm sure it was being scared they were going to cut him again with the scissors. They still had to put steri-stripes on it, so I still haven't seen the end result. They say the stripes will fall off on they're on, so far they're still on. Two weeks without being able to get his finger wet is quite a long time. It seems that he doesn't have much feeling in the tip, I guess time will tell more.

3 comments:

melanie said...

Congrats Matt! No easy task, that's for sure. Especially when most people in class don't have a family back at home!

I can't stand people like that either. I always wonder how they were able to raise their kids so perfectly and never have a problem (even when the boys weren't a problem!). YEAH RIGHT!!! I tell myself they have lost all sense of reality. Sure it sounds rude but somehow it makes me feel better, ha ha.

Wow 2 weeks not getting Malcolm's finger is a long time! Is it sick that I want to see it in person?

Mitch N' Golden said...

HEY OH! Look at Matt Graduated all professional! Nice job! I gald to see all those sweet Big Bend days are paying off.

Holly said...

We have a lot of thoughts on this whole graduating without telling your neighbors thing...

What I have to tell you is that Ashley calls that heart "sculpture" the "garbage heart". I guess she and I share an opinion of art.